This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
There is nothing I love more than putting together a good care package. To me, sending and receiving mail is just the best — snail mail is completely underrated!
When we found out a good friend of ours would be deployed overseas over the holidays and through the first part of the year, I made it my mission to put together pretty care packages for all the assorted occasions they would be missing. Dane told me that getting things in the mail to open was often the highlight of his week and being able to pay that forward for a friend is really special.
For Valentine’s Day, we decided to go with a theme — You Are Berry Special.
I started by heading to Walmart and picking up two bags of Strawberry M&M’s®, a tin of Dove chocolates and some American Greetings cards.
I knew I wanted to make treats that were shareable, so I also picked up Valentine’s Day snack bags as well. When you’re so far from home, homemade treats make things a little sweeter, so I settled on Coconut Strawberry Granola Bars and Strawberry Fudge Mix.
First, I made the Strawberry Fudge Mix.
For this recipe you will need:
9 cups rice cereal
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together over low on the stove.
2. Pour chocolate mixture over rice cereal.
3. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, pour half the powdered sugar.
4. Then add in your chocolate covered cereal, the other half of your powdered sugar and the Strawberry M&M’s®.
5. Mix well.
6. Package and enjoy!
When I finished the Strawberry Fudge Mix, it was time to make the granola bars!
You Will Need:
3 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
3 tsp. butter
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix together the oats, coconut, honey, brown sugar, salt and melted butter.
3. Stir in the Strawberry M&M’s®.
4. Pack tightly into a lightly greased 8×8 baking pan.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Let cool, cut and serve!
Before I mailed off our Valentine’s Day box, I created an easy printable and attached it to each bag of treats.