10 Best Hikes On Oahu
1. Lanikai Pillboxes: The perfect sweat sesh, this one is best conquered early in the morning so can watch the sun rise on the East side of Oahu. It’s a fairly easy hike and can be conquered by all types of hikers. Dependent upon how many pillboxes you visit ~2 miles roundtrip.
2. Diamondhead Crater: A cornerstone of Honolulu’s skyline, this classic hike never goes out of style! The picture perfect view of downtown Honolulu and crystal blue waters of Hawaii Kai help. This hike is mostly paved with multiple switchbacks. It is ~1.6 miles roundtrip.
3. Kokohead Crater: Get ready for nature’s starimaster! 1,000+ steps to the top, you will be greeted with an amazing view of Hanauma Bay and you’ll have gotten in your workout for the day! It is ~1.5 miles roundtrip.
6. Makapu’u Ridge: If ocean views of Hawaii Kai are what you seek — get ready! Start at the Lighthouse and work your way toward Waimanalo. This is a one way hike, so be sure to have someone staged to pick you up, so you can head back to your car at the lookout lot. This hike is ~5.1 miles one way).7. Olomana Peaks: Also known as Three Peaks, this hike is only for advanced and expert hikers. You will need special hiking gloves and cleated hiking boots. Hiking up and over three large escarpments that are often muddy, you will be treated to panoramic views of the island that will leave you feeling like you’re in the clouds. This hike is ~2.5 miles roundtrip.
8. Maunawili Falls Trail: Located on the East side of Oahu in Kailua, this hike’s greatest reward is the refreshing waterfall swim at the end! Don’t wear shoes that are new or near and dear, because the trail is quite muddy and requires crossing multiple streams before you reach your final destination. This hike is ~3.1 miles roundtrip.
9. Aiea Loop Trail: A relatively flat trail, the Aiea Loop Trail hike is one the whole family can enjoy — dogs included! This hike is ~4.4 miles roundtrip.
10. Manoa Falls: This heavily trafficked hike is a relatively easy one that hikers of all skill levels can accomplish. You’ll pass through easily recognizable sets from Jurassic Park and LOST before getting to the waterfall. You cannot swim in the waterfall pool here. This hike is ~1.5 miles roundtrip.