Going into this weekend I’m feeling all sorts of anxious…Sunday is the marathon! Don’t worry, I’ll be reporting back on Monday to let everyone know if I survived how I did. Going into it, I have no goals except to finish. Much like my half marathon in April, I really just made this goal to challenge myself. Come back Monday for all the details!
But enough of that…let’s dive right in to what I’m loving this week, shall we?
1. First and foremost – I’m loving that I’m living in a house that is ALL MINE! Holy hell, I’m a homeowner and it’s equal parts amazing and overwhelming. You know how it goes when you’re just so anxious to make a space your own. Yeah, I’m there. But don’t you all worry — I’ve got LOTS of home tours in the works 🙂 Stay tuned!
|Bill’s face gets me every single time, LOL!|
2. A good friend from my past life working in sports reached out this week and told me about an exciting new venture. Together with his business partner, they launched Styl. Styl is an app for smartphones that allows you to crowd source style advice in a flash. Download HERE.
How many times have you been in a dressing room or shopping online and just can’t decide?! Your BFF isn’t texting back and your significant other is MIA. We’ve all been there. Styl is a community of fashion forward thinkers at your fingertips! I love 2 very specific things about it:
a. it’s FREE. Yes, I know. Straight from the founder’s lips: “I don’t think asking for sound advice should cost money.” Damn straight. Me either.
b. It comes with the option of doing a side-by-side frame. So if you can’t decide between two different dresses/coats/whatever – it will ask if you want to do a side-by-side or a single view. Thank you app developer Gods for not forcing me to try to figure out a pic collage in a dressing room.
3. Thanks for all the love on yesterday’s post about what we eat. I never really thought about it, but quite a few of you sent me notes that you really liked it and felt inspired. So — HECK YEAH FOR THAT! Some of you wanted to know what spiralizer I use and it’s this one from Amazon.
4. In an effort to meet and make nice with the new neighbors, I made about 409745 dozen cookies, packaged them up and included this note on them with some ribbon. I need for them to learn early on that the crazy runs deep! 😉 But! They all seemed really excited and everyone is SO nice that it made the effort totally worth it. Plus, any excuse to whip up cookies and find my baking groove again is totally Kait-approved.
5. If you’re hosting a party this holiday season, don’t forget to make my DIY Peppermint Tray. 10 minutes and little bit of effort and you will have a total conversation starter! Not to mention, people will think you’re SUPER crafty & creative. It can be our little secret!
Tell me what you’re loving this week! Who is ready for the holidays?
Linking up for 5 On Friday