5 On Friday

Andddd, we’re BACK! Back with another edition of 5 On Friday, that is…

I don’t know about any of you, but this week flew by for me. I don’t know if it’s because I had off, or if I was just really busy, but I’m glad it’s Friday all the same!

Let’s get on with the show…!

1.Last weekend, we headed to our friend’s house for a totally amazing Super Bowl party. She really went all out after she decided last-minute to have people over. We are talking a full spread of food (probably enough for a small army of people), decorations and more beverages than a liquor store. See also: I was not complaining one bit! I made sure to get a long workout in that morning, so I could fully indulge. Potato skins, jalapeรฑo poppers, queso, mac-and-cheese bites, homemade salsa and hummus, veggies…I mean – it just was never ending. Every terrible-for-you-football-food was served. Adios football season, see you again in August!

Super Bowl 2017

2. I read on Kelsey’s blog earlier this week that Starbucks makes a drink for people who are sick. It’s part of their secret menu and dubbed – “The Coldbuster”. I thought I had FOR SURE outsmarted the cold that seems to be going around, but I woke up Tuesday feeling a bit BLEH, so I headed out to grab one. Holy shit – those drinks are life changing. I’m not a huge bandwagon type of gal, but if you’re sick, I cannot say enough good things about them. I took the shot of peppermint, too!

3. I created a Twitter poll earlier this week asking what people would prefer in a free download – 5 stock photos to use or a checklist to help with phone photography? I’m still trying to decide what I want to offer, so if you are leaning one way or the other – help a girl out and let me know!

Viceroy Bali

4. We are in the midst of planning our next big trip this summer and Iย really can’t freaking wait! It’s already been two years since we visited Thailand (all my trip posts can be foundย here) and we are both itching to get out of the country again. Stay tuned for more trip details…!

5. And last…can we talk about the state of Twitter? I mean, I’m to the point where I can barely log on without hatred just spewing from the cracks of “Tweets You May Have Missed”. I don’t know if it’s because I wake up 5 hours after the east coast or what — but come the hell on! Feel free to disagree with someone, but to what end does your name calling, bashing and general hatred make you a better person? I don’t know…Is anyone else feeling this way?

I whipped up these gluten & dairy free rainbow pop-tarts yesterday and they were SO EASY! Be sure to come back to the blog next week for all the details on how to make your own ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy weekend, everyone! What are your plans?

Linking up forย Five On Fridayย & Friday Favoritesย & High 5 For Friday & Friday Faves

February 8, 2017

RELATED POSTS

15 Comments

1. Reply

Kelsey

February 10, 2017

Ugh! Hopefully you kick the cold, but the medicine ball or cold buster is amazing. I had to stop and get another one yesterday! And yes about twitter…I posted about it last week too, enough is enough. But upset, be angry, but don’t personally attack people! I’m with ya (in more ways than one ๐Ÿ˜‰ ha!).

Kait

February 10, 2017

Yeah the one-on-one attacking has got to stop. Facebook is bad too! AND YES!! You telling me about that Starbucks drink has been AMAZING!

2. Reply

ShootingStarsMag

February 10, 2017

I’d love to be planning a trip right now! I hope you get to go somewhere awesome. I don’t find Twitter as bad as Facebook when it comes to negativity, but a lot of that is obviously who I follow or am friends with. OMG – those poptarts look amazing.

-Lauren

Kait

February 10, 2017

I hope to have the pop tart recipe up my midweek next week! THANK YOU! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Reply

Amanda

February 10, 2017

Aghhh that SB party looks fabulous, just add in red and blue instead of green and gold! I would love to learn how to take better photos with my phone. I never have my regular camera on me anymore. You proved my theory that, yes, Starbucks in medicinal – hell yeah! Have a great weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

Kait

February 10, 2017

Haha! It is DEFINITELY medicine! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Reply

Erica @ Whimsical September

February 10, 2017

Oh my goodness – I want to make those rainbow treats with Hadley!! I can’t wait to see your post about them! Also, I can’t believe your friend threw that party last minute and ended up with decor and party details the way she did. Holy talented!! And finally… I wanna know where you’re going on vacay. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kait

February 11, 2017

I hope to have it live by Valentine’s Day! Photo editing is killing me right now, but that’s the only hold up. Otherwise – we are good to go! Eeeek! I love a good vacation, I’m just ready to leave NOW! Haha! Have a great weekend ladies ๐Ÿ™‚ XO

5. Reply

Sara

February 11, 2017

I’d love a checklist on phone photography!! Can’t wait to hear more about your big trip!! That’s so exciting! I’m trying to pull the trigger on booking ours right now… just need to do it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

6. Reply

Jen

February 11, 2017

I love your superbowl decor, so festive and fun!

Kait

February 12, 2017

Thank you! My friend did such a great job! I was so impressed!

7. Reply

Corie

February 12, 2017

I love the pineapple footballs! That looks like an impressive spread!

Kait

February 12, 2017

It really was!

8. Reply

Lexi

February 12, 2017

Love the decorations for that Super Bowl party! I went to one as well that was overflowing with food and drink (not complaining whatsoever), and had such an awesome timeโ€”except during the fourth quarterโ€ฆ poor Falcons.

I feel the exact same way about Twitterโ€”every time I log in and GLANCE at the feed, some new terrible thing has happened and everyone needs to shout over each other. Ugh. Hoping you had a great weekend!

Lexi of Lex Be Livinโ€™

Kait

February 13, 2017

YES! Shouting over one another – such a good analogy. I just feel like it’s a bit – over the top? A lot of people who never spoke about certain topics before suddenly have these insane opinions and bash others who think or feel differently – yet at the same time preach freedom of speech. It’s all so mind numbing to me. The weekends are never long enough ๐Ÿ™ Happy Monday, beautiful!