We did it! It’s here! A LONG FREAKING WEEKEND – Yeah baby!
Let’s get right down to the nitty gritty so I can get myself a mai tai and head on out of here for the weekend…
1. Earlier this week, I stumbled upon this article from PEOPLE Magazine. The gist of the piece is that a woman is practicing yoga while “free bleeding” to dismantle any period shaming, claiming that bleeding monthly is natural and women shouldn’t feel ashamed. Look, I get it. We all have periods and it’s all fucking terrible. But for the love – pooping is natural too and I’ll be damned if you’re going to see me pooping my pants to prove a point. I mean, come on! Honestly, all I could think about was the amount of OxiClean and bleach she was going to have to use to get that free flow out of those white pants…
But truly – my bigger concern here is being hygienic. Just like I dispose of other bodily waste in a proper receptacle, I do the same utilizing tampons and other feminine hygiene products. This just grossed me out beyond words. Am I alone in this? What are your thoughts?
2. I realized that from March until the end of the year, we have a trip planned every single month until October – HOLY CRAP! I did a little happy dance, because aside from food, traveling is my love language. I love exploring new places, seeing new sites and, of course, sampling local cuisine and indulging in fun cocktails! We are kicking off our travels with a little bit of island hopping to Maui in March for a fun partnership I am working on. Stay tuned over on Instagram for all the details coming soon 🙂
3. I saw this photo the other day on Facebook and couldn’t help but laugh 😉
4. I went through my bathing suit drawer earlier this week and realized that attention MUST BE PAID. I used to buy a lot of my swimwear from Victoria’s Secret, but that ship has sailed. So tell me – where do you buy your bathing suits?! Bikinis, active swimwear, one pieces…tell me, I’m all ears!
5. I love going through my Instagram stories, because I always feel like I get to know people on a more intimate level. Anyone else feeling that way? In any case, one of my favorite stories to watch is from Brit+Co Newsies At Noon – I always feel like it’s my daily dose of “what’s happening”. Anyway, recently they posted about 16 Healthy Ways To Eat Quinoa For Breakfast and I think I had to wipe the drool from my phone. How good does this Gluten Free Oat and Quinoa Waffles look?
Guess you know what I’m making for breakfast this weekend. Don’t worry – it won’t look nearly that pretty in my kitchen 😉
6. Anddd just one more thing! I keep forgetting to share all about the Galentine’s Day party I went to last weekend with some of my favorite ladies! There was amazing food, lots of laughter and even fun games. Typically I’m not a huge fan of games, BUT! These were fun and any excuse for a get together, right? Right!
Red Jumpsuit, c/o SheIn
Happy long weekend – Here’s to sleeping in and starting Saturday with champagne!
P.S. – don’t forget to enter my giveaway for Duluth Trading Co. HERE – 3 $100 gift cards, people!!