Happy Friday, friends!
This week has been packed to the HILT with rain here on Oahu – flash flooding warnings galore. Yuck! When it rains I have just about zero motivation to do anything except curl up with a book and snuggle with the dogs. Sadly, life goes on, so there was very little of that and a shit load of paw wiping and mopping mixed with teaching and grocery shopping. Gross.
This weekend is jam packed for us – pretty much going non-stop until Sunday night which almost makes me a little bit sad. Aren’t the weekends where you do the least sometimes the most fun? Anyway, let’s get on with Five on Friday before I sit here and wax poetic on the woes of a full schedule.
1. I have been lusting over juju hats ever since I saw them in Domino Magazine about a year ago. Here’s the thing – they’re crazy expensive. I don’t blame the makers of the hats and if it’s something authentic, there is certainly value there, but I didn’t have an extra $1500 to spend on feathered wall accents. After much deliberation and feather research…I made my own! I’m not going to lie, they might be my new favorite part of the house.
Don’t worry – I’ll be sharing a tutorial soon!
2. You know how sometimes you write a blog post and you’re like…well, that sounded much better in my head. That’s how I felt about my Target dressing room diaries post this week. And I’m about to blow your mind…it is my MOST VIEWED POST OF ALL TIME. Yes. You read correctly. Crappy photography and all…it has gotten more page views in the past couple days than posts that have been live on my site for YEARS. Color me shocked and quite frankly…bewildered. What am I missing here?!
Read the full post here.
3. For any of my fellow vegetarian friends, Gardein Crumbles will CHANGE YOUR LIFE. I’m not kidding and no they are not paying me (though if Gardein is reading – hi, hello, I love you). I’m not a huge fan of any of their other products, because frankly I’m picky as hell. But the crumbles…they will up the ante on any recipe. This week I subbed them into my favorite lettuce wrap recipe and holy moly – SO GOOD. Here’s another fun fact: the first time I used the crumbles in a recipe, Dane didn’t even know they weren’t real meat. In fact, I kept that a secret from him for months and he just ate it as usual. It’s important to note here my husband is a meat lover through and through, so the fact that he was none the wiser initially speaks volumes.
4. Meet Thumper. He’s a local dog who was rescued from a shelter here locally, only to be returned when his owner died. He was ultimately rescued by the most adorable family, only for them to find out he has cancer 🙁 They are trying to raise funds for his treatment, but in the meantime, Thumper created a Barket List (follow it on Instagram here). The family’s fourteen year old daughter says that Thumper is her very best friend and in an effort to raise funds, she’s painting portraits of local dogs for a small donation. Look at this piece she did of Bill & Judy!
To learn more about Thumper and his condition or surgery, or to donate to his cause – CLICK HERE.
5. I saw this on Pinterest earlier this week and laughed my ass off.
On that note…happy weekend!