Happy Aloha Friday!
It’s been a few weeks since I did a 5 On Friday recap and that’s a few weeks too long! I admit, I’ve been enjoying every ounce of my mom being here and the blog has taken a little bit of a backseat. I think sometimes family visits or friend visits or simply just a vacation are exactly what I need to get the motivation to continue pumping out content here. I love this space, but sometimes I feel like my creativity or zest have been sucked out like a vacuum. I like to keep things fun and exciting, so some added oomph is always welcome 🙂
Now, let’s get down to the nitty gritty.
1. First let’s chat social media. Is it me or can you do a live story on just about every network now? If everything is turning into the same thing, what the heck is the point? And speaking of live stories – can we all agree that the people who snap/instastory and drive need to be slapped? I could use this space to call out some folks, but I’ll refrain for the sake of everyone reading. It just irks me to no end that these bloggers and social media ‘celebs’ are SO influential and use their presence to do something that is just plain asinine. It is particularly bad when those that are moms do it with their kids in the backseat. COME THE HELL ON! If you are going to be an idiot and endanger others, leave your damn kids out of it. #idiots #imjudgingtheshitoutofyou
2. We bought brand new appliances when we moved into our house in December after taking advantage of some seriously good Black Friday deals. Well, we’ve barely hit the 4 month mark and our freezer is on the fritz! I noticed last week that there was condensation on the outside of it, but chalked it up to it being pretty damn hot in our house and pretty cold on the inside of the freezer. Well fast forward and we realized it was a faulty seal – agh! The freezer shuts, but it never fully seals shut so the condensation creeps out and the hotness just adds to the issue. Slowly, the freezer would have just completely crapped out, but thankfully we noticed it and had a repair crew come in to fix it. I have to say – not impressed with an appliance shitting the bed 4 months in, but let’s just all say a prayer it was a fluke.
3. The sunsets lately around here have been INSANE. Last weekend we were at a luau on the west side of the island and captured one of the prettiest sunsets I had ever seen. Seriously, it was like someone had taken the 64 pack of Crayolas and just went to town. I was in awe and couldn’t stop snapping photos. 400 pictures later and I still don’t think I have enough..HA!
4. I did a post on summer shoes I can’t stop thinking about earlier this week. You can read it here, but I recently found an amazing dupe for the Joie A La Plage sandal. The Joie sandals retail for $125 and the Target dupe is only $20! I normally remind myself that sometimes you get what you pay for, but honestly – these dupes are INCREDIBLE. I’ve worn them several times now and for the price – it’s a steal. My mom even ordered a pair here at the local Target and picked them up because she liked them so much!
5. I am in a dressing room dilemma at the moment. Over Memorial Day weekend, Dane and I are traveling to Boston then Philadelphia for a college graduation followed by a wedding. Ideally, I can pack one outfit for both. Here’s the thing – I don’t want to be schlepping a million different clothing options, but I also worry that the occasions are so different that I’ll need two or more different dresses or outfits for both. Dane is wearing his seersucker suit, so that takes care of him, but what is a girl to do? Send me your favorite dresses, boutiques, store options – whatever! I need options STAT.
Maybe I can wear one of these? 😉
How was your week?