Happy Aloha Friday!
Let’s dive right in, because I’ve got a lot of ground to cover today…
1. Earlier this week, I got a sweet delivery from the mailman – “Peanut Butter Dogs“.
It’s downright adorable and shows dogs of all sorts having their photo taken while eating peanut butter. The problem? I had no idea who it was from, but I fell in love with the book as soon as I saw it. It turns out, it was from my cousin! She knows the author who lives in her hometown and decided it was time to gift it to some of her favorite dog-loving folks. I’m so glad she did, because Peanut Butter Dogs is my newest favorite coffee table book addition. Greg Murray (the author) is a huge advocate for dogs and fights against breed specific laws in their town. I love him and I don’t even know him! Thanks for making me smile, Tiff 🙂 I would highly recommend this whimsical book for any fellow dog lovers!
2. Is it me or does the phrase “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery” just rub you the wrong way? I say – just be yourself! I could go on and on here, but in a world where people think the internet is fair game for “grab and go” inspiration, I say…hands to yourself!
3. And just for something a little bit more upbeat…a friend of mine posted the below meme and I COULD NOT stop laughing. I don’t know why it struck me as so funny, but it did and I tucked it away on my phone for safe keeping when I need a little chuckle.
4. Where are my military families? This week, I discovered the brand Duke Cannon at one of my favorites boutiques here on Oahu. Maybe I’m late to the party with hygiene products that rock, but people – look no further. I have a full post coming on this delightful brand (that appeals to all military branches!), but for now – I will leave you with their most impressive (in my opinion) product: Cold Shower Cooling Field Towels. As soon as I saw the title, I was intrigued. Actually, the first thing I saw was that a portion of all their proceeds benefit U.S. Veterans, but I digress. Back to the wipes. Err – not wipes. Read on.
I was intrigued by the title so I flipped it over and swooned over their direct marketing tactic.
“The mountains of Afghanistan are not exactly equipped with state of the art plumbing, so a cold shower to escape the dirt, grime, and oppressive heat was never an option. That’s why Duke Cannon worked with U.S. Military personnel to develop Cold Shower Cooling Field Towels. For Starter’s: These are NOT wipes (and no guy should feel comfortable saying the word “wipe” to another guy). These are textured face and body towels, good for wiping off grit, sweat and dirt. Made with menthol, aloe, and jojoba to provide a chilling blast as they cleanse and protect.”
I only wish I had discovered these while Dane was still on active duty! I was kind of skeptical even though I thought the product was really cool, so I was excited to see that the store was offering samples. People – THESE ARE LEGIT. Hawaii is hot and I am a sweaty individual so I will just leave that here. They’re a bit pricy for only 25 towels, but the one I sampled cooled both my legs, both my arms and the back of my neck. Color me impressed.
5. And last but certainly not least, I was featured over on the SoFabFood website earlier this week for my Vegetarian Sweet Potato Curry. It’s both gluten and dairy free and only takes about 30 minutes to throw together! You can find all the necessary ingredients easily at your farmer’s market (or grocery store) and it’s packed with flavor. If you’re a meat lover, you can add chicken or shrimp. If you make it, I’d love to know your thoughts 🙂
How was your week?