You know how sometimes you just want an indulgent little treat? That’s how I felt when I was coming up with the recipe for this Salted Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream Pie.
Salted Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream Pie
I wanted something that felt super indulgent and perfect for those “treat yo’self” moments of life, but also kind of unexpected with the use of Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn.
Maybe you had a really trying day at work? Or maybe your dogs decided to eat your favorite pair of underwear? Or heck – maybe you just have a really big sweet tooth?! If you nodded your head to any one of those, this pie is for you. I created mine with dairy free ice cream, but you can absolutely sub in your favorite salted caramel ice cream and enjoy the same delicious flavor!
Salted Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream Pie Recipe
For this recipe, you will need:
1 box Schar Honeygrams, crushed (if gluten doesn’t bother you feel free to use regular graham crackers!)
3 tbsp. butter, melted (I like using ghee, but again – if dairy doesn’t bother you…use butter!)
2 pints salted caramel ice cream, softened (I used Arctic Zero, but feel free to use the brand of your choice!)
4 tbsp. caramel syrup
2 tbsp. chocolate syrup
1. Mix together your graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and press firmly into the bottom of a greased pie plate.
2. Freeze for 10-15 minutes until the graham crust is semi-solid.
3. Remove from freezer and smooth softened ice cream on top of crust. It doesn’t have to be perfect!
4. Place a piece of cling wrap on top of the ice cream, making sure to press down firmly to release any air bubbles. Freeze overnight.
5. Remove from freezer and take off the cling wrap carefully.
6. Take your Angie’s Kettle Corn and create an even layer on the top of your pie.
7. Now for the toppings! This step is really important, because it’s what adheres the popcorn to the pie. Drizzle the caramel first and don’t be shy! If 4 tbsp. doesn’t look like enough, add more! This is your base layer.
8. Finish your pie with the chocolate drizzle.
9. Freeze for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Salted Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream Pie is everything that I love in a good dessert – one part sweet, one part salty and the graham cracker crust with buttery undertones honestly just seals the deal!
Now, who is coming over to help me eat this? 😉