This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #SpringWine #Chardonnation #CollectiveBias
Happy Monday, everyone!
Is it me or did the weekend fly by? It always seems to go so fast, but I’m so excited to share a new-to-me recipe today for Dairy Free Fruit Tarts. I hosted a happy hour this weekend and I wanted something other than the normal wine and cheese wine pairings to go with a new bottle of wine I was sampling – Notable Chardonnay, which launched in March of this year.
I first noticed Notable in the wine aisle, because it has all the flavors you can find in it named clearly on the label. Wines vary in style, region, and taste, yet most labels don’t define the delightful flavor you’re about to sip. So, when a wine tells me its taste prominently on the front label, it leads me to the wine I want.
I knew I was going to pair it with something fruity, so I chose the Notable Australia Chardonnay with notes of citrus, melon and peach, but I also picked up a bottle of their California Chardonnay with notes of butter, oak and vanilla.
To make these dairy free fruit tarts for your own happy hour, you will need:
1 package gluten free puff pastry (if no gluten allergies are present, feel free to buy regular!)
1 egg white
1 block dairy free cream cheese (the brand I use comes in a small tub)
3 tbsp. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. ghee
2 tbsp. coconut oil
3 tbsp. brown sugar
fruit of your choosing (I chose strawberries and blueberries, but I think it would be delicious with mango, raspberries or kiwi!)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Take one sheet of thawed pastry dough and cut five even strips longways.
3. Take each strip and form it into a circle, twisting it as you go, to form the bendy looking edges of each tart. When you get to the end of the strip, tuck it under the tart and press down so it sticks.
*This doesn’t have to be perfect! The “puff” makes things look pretty!
4. Repeat with the rest of the dough strips. You will have five circular tarts when finished.
5. Brush each tart with a light egg white wash.
6. In bowl, blend together dairy free cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended.
7. Put a dollop of the mixture at the center of each tart and smooth down with a small spatula or butter knife.
8. In your Vitamix, pulse together coconut oil, ghee and brown sugar until it becomes a crumble. Sprinkle on top of each tart.
9. Bake at 400 until tarts appear golden brown, about 23 minutes.
10. Remove tarts from oven and let cool completely.
11. Garnish with fresh fruit prior to serving and top with honey/agave if you so desire!
The very first thing my (admittedly hesitant) husband said was “I can’t believe these are dairy free!” And it’s true – they were delicious. The citrus of the fruits pulled out the flavor in the wine and acted as the ideal complement. I liked being able to offer something other than the same old charcuterie board, you know?
What is your go to recipe for happy hour? If you decide to make these, be sure to let me know 🙂