If you are a longtime follower here, then you understand my affinity for Thai food. If you follow along with my Instagram stories, you see that I cook a lot of different “bowl” dishes – meaning, my entire meal goes into one bowl. Stir fry, salad, curry, soup…lots of bowl food! In any case, today I’m sharing a recipe that was inspired by one of my favorite foods…peanut butter. Spicy Peanut Vegetarian Curry is equal parts delicious, filling and easy!
Feel free to modify this dish by adding in vegetables you love or already have on hand. You can’t go wrong, I promise.
You Will Need:
2 cans whole fat coconut milk
1/2 cup water (or a broth if you have some on hand)
2 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
6 tbsp. PB2 (or other peanut butter powdered substitute)
*If you would rather just use regular peanut butter, I would use no more than 2 tbsp.
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 tsp. green curry paste
1 cup cauliflower, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 zucchini, peeled and cubed
1 sweet potato, cubed
1 small lime, sliced
*Feel free to add whatever vegetables you have on hand. This recipe is good with broccoli, carrots, eggplant and more! The possibilities are endless.
1. Put your coconut milk, water, chili garlic sauce and PB2 into your Vitamix. Blend on medium until well mixed and set aside.
2. In a large saute pan (I use this one), add in your coconut oil over medium heat and wait for it to get hot.
3. Add in your vegetables and saute lightly until they are partially cooked, 8-10 minutes.
4. Pour sauce from the Vitamix over the vegetables, turn heat to low and let simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until sauce thickens and vegetables soften.
5. Garnish with fresh lime and serve by itself or over rice (brown basmati pictured).