Happy Friday, everyone!
This week seemed to drag and fly by all at once. We had so much going on that at night I would just fall into bed and pass out. Anyone else feeling like this summer is busy, but also dragging? Like how is it only the middle of June? I’m puzzled.
Anyway, let’s dive right into my list this week…
1. For starters, this french fry ranking has been posted all over the internet (or maybe just within my circles?) and it’s an outrage! Who would ever put sweet potato fries not even making the top 10?! I mean – HELLO! I LOVE THOSE THINGS! Obviously I agree with number one being waffle fries, but get the hell out with tator tots in the top 3. GROSS. Clearly I’m very passionate about my potatoes 😉 What are your thoughts?
2. Moving right along…I cannot handle the people who are outraged about Bachelor in Paradise being cancelled. I went on a semi-rant about it over on my Instagram stories on Wednesday, because I had just freaking had enough. People, that show has been cancelled or suspended or halted OR WHATEVER…because a cast member was SEXUALLY ASSAULTED. As a victim of sexual assault myself, I can tell you that her life may never be the same. People are different, but assault impacts your life on such a deeply personal level that it’s not like putting a Band-Aid on it and calling it good. So for members of the general public whining that their favorite show was cancelled…get a clue. I have so much more I want to say, but I’ll just end here before I work myself into a sweat.
3. Anyone who has ever met me could tell you that while I love, love, love Hawaii and all of its beautiful oceans – I’m terrified of sharks. Big ones, little ones, baby ones that haven’t been born yet…all of them. So it might shock you that I’ve seen every single Hollywood blockbuster surrounding sharks that has (probably) ever been made. Needless to say, I’m pumped to check out the new movie 47 Meters Down this weekend. Call me crazy, but I have been looking forward to it ever since I saw the preview months and months ago! For what it’s worth, Dane and I have been shark diving here on Oahu (IT WAS AWESOME!), but I still have an irrational fear.
4. I have a somewhat disturbing fact to share with all of you. Are you ready? Okay…well…here I go. I have been wearing the same strapless bra for at least 6 years. All I know is that the raggedy one I pull from my drawer is the same raggedy one I also wore for my college graduation (though it looked much nicer back then!). STILL – that is unacceptable. I’ve noticed that I need a new one for a long time, but here’s my issue – shopping for bras is something I rarely do because it’s so damn annoying. Since I’ve been running and losing weight, I’ve lost nearly all my boobs. A sad realization, but I still need a little something up top. Who here has a strapless bra they love? Leave links, please! Also – please no sticky boob suggestions. I sweat way too much for that here in Hawaii and they fall right off. HA!
5. I’m pretty sure I’m well on my way to PMSing (sorry is this post TMI today?), because literally every dessert I’ve seen this week I’m like yep, I want 40 of that. Seriously! I even got a flight of ice cream at a new local creamery on Tuesday just because! Anyway, these Triple Layer Brownies from i am baker have been speaking to me on a personal level since last weekend when I saw them pop up on Pinterest, so I’m determined to make a pan…and make them gluten free! Wish me luck!
What are your weekend plans?