Whew – this week has kind of been a doozy. I had high hopes on Monday, but all of that came crashing down on Tuesday and just kind of snowballed from there. Needless to say I’m welcoming this weekend like…HI, HELLO, LET ME KISS YOU! Anyone else feeling the same way? This week just went on for freaking EVER. More time with this guy on the horizon, please and thank you!
1. Last weekend, Dane and I had the pleasure of heading into Waikiki with some friends to join in on a sunset picnic. When I first started blogging, he would be like..wait, who are these people? How do you know them? And I would be like…oh, I met them through my blog/Instagram/Facebook/etc. and he would kind of roll his eyes at me. Because I’ve met some of the sweetest people I know this way, now he’s just kind of like…okay, this might be pretty cool. You can read all about our picnic here, but it was beautiful – not to mention fun! These fellow bloggers sure do know how to throw down and their husbands are all equally delightful. Let’s do it again soon, okay?!
2. I was shocked that so many of you felt the same way I do about wearing shorts! It was like a breath of fresh air hearing that all of you (with all different body types) also struggled. And of course, I hate that we all feel like we are struggling, but it was good knowing that even if my legs were longer/less muscular I might still be in a bind! If you missed my post on the perfect pairs of summer shorts, be sure to check it out!
3. I also met another Instagram-turned-real-life friend this week, Kate, for coffee. She is an adventurous, smart, beautiful gal that has been an “internet only” friend for a few years now and we finally got our schedules aligned to grab some brew. It was so refreshing to get together and chat like old friends. We were instantly laughing as we talked about the weird nuances of Army life, living in Hawaii and our mutual love of dogs and athletic apparel. I am kicking myself for not getting together with her sooner, because it totally made my day!
4. Our house was clean for 5 minutes earlier this week and I happened to be snapping some blog photos, so I quickly got one of our dining area. Is it me or is there something wildly appealing about everything being clean and put together? It just brings such a feeling of content. Don’t worry, quickly after this was snapped, the dogs started doing zoomies, fur and chairs went flying and it was back to our normal 9-5 chaos 😉
5. I need some hair advice. If you haven’t noticed, my hair is about as long as Rapunzel’s right now. I mean, even when I barrel curl it, it’s still well past my chest so just trust me when I tell you that it’s LONG. And it’s hot here. Like, really freaking hot. But I have to be honest – the last time I chopped 15 inches off, I cried for weeks and weeks about it. My pony tail was super tiny and the styling options seemed dismal at best. So, what’s a girl to do? And also – are highlights still a thing? I want to switch things up, but I’ve literally been walking around in circles about it for months now. I keep saying “after XYZ event I’ll figure something out”, but so far all those events have come and gone and I’m still here like…BUT MY HAIR…! So tell me…what should I do?!
How was your week and what are your weekend plans? Have you ever met people on the internet? And..what should I do with my hair?