5 On Friday

Happy Friday, party people!

This week flew by for me, anyone else? And don’t even tell me it was because of Prime Day or the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, because I didn’t shop either! There were some tremendous deals, but I’m holding strong to our No Spend July Challenge.

1. While we are on the subject of shopping, though, I wanted to share this really cool concept I saw some folks talk about on Twitter. It’s called Brandless. Have you heard of it? It’s a company that sells food, beauty products, home supplies and a few other things, but the catch is that everything on their website is $3. And no, I’m not kidding.

5 On Friday - Communikait

I’m not indulging until July is over, but I did a little window shopping and it seems like a cool concept for the basics. Has anyone tested it out? I would love feedback!

2. You know the saying that the best investment that you’ll ever make is investing in yourself? Well, it’s true! A few months ago I invested in this blog in a big way by becoming a client of Dérive Collective. I’ll be honest – I decided that 2017 was going to be the year of this blog either making or breaking. I spend a lot of time behind the scenes here and I wanted to feel validated financially in the time and effort I was spending.  I’m happy to say that through mentorship, analyzing, critiquing and coaching this blog has some amazing things on the horizon thanks to Elana and Aaron. It’s WITHOUT A DOUBT one of the best investments I’ve ever made. Stay tuned for more excitement, but in the meantime, check out their ebook.

5 On Friday - Communikait

via

3. This week Travel + Leisure debuted their annual Reader’s Choice Awards and they did not disappoint. Not only did they not disappoint, they inspired a serious case of wanderlust within me. Okay, okay, I already had it…but now I’m just dreaming of safari camps in Africa and luxurious Turkish baths. AND NO I AM NOT KIDDING! Who wants to come watch my dogs while I travel the world? Just kidding…kind of. I’m not above acting like Elaine Diaz (the article is actually hysterical and cute!)!

5 On Friday - Communikait

4. Our gardenia bushes are blooming like crazy in our yard and each day I stop by them after my run for a long, fragrant whiff! They smell so, so good. I would love nothing more than to snip some and bring them inside, but I tried it once and they don’t last very long. So sad! I’ll just have to enjoy them out my window instead!

5 On Friday - Communikait

5. And finally…Dane and I are headed to Tahiti this fall! I announced it a couple weeks ago over on Instagram (post + full details here), but it’s something I am beyond excited about. Is it too soon to pack my suitcase?!

5 On Friday - Communikait

via

So tell me, how was your week? If you shopped Prime Day or the #NSale – what did you pick up?

Linking up with 5 On Friday & High 5 For Friday

RELATED POSTS

16 Comments

1. Reply

Jen

July 14, 2017

Oh I would totally come take care of those sweet babies of yours!!!!! 🙂

Kait

July 14, 2017

Okay well then can I tentatively book you for an all-inclusive stay at the Hanson Hacienda a few times this fall?!?! 😉

2. Reply

Anne

July 14, 2017

Woooohoooooo. It might be too soon to literally start packing the suitcase, but it’s never too early to make a little mix & match capsule on the computer, in my opinion 🙂 And I’ve never heard of this Brandless, but I have to say I am more attractive to that “brand-free” packaging than usual packaging! Minimalist love.

Kait

July 14, 2017

I was drawn to the packaging right away, too! You and I share the same heart. And I think I need to go and review some of your mix and match capsules to inspire me. We can only take carry-ons thanks to the exorbitant amount of planes (big and small) required to get there, so packing light will be KEY!

3. Reply

Lisa Richardson

July 14, 2017

That “brandless” thing is intriguing. I managed to make a nice dent on prime day and the NSALE. Good for you for sticking to your guns and not joining the spending. I LOVE gardenias too. They smell so beautiful. The first time I was exposed to them was in college. A guy brought me a gardenia corsage for a formal…after that I was hooked. On gardenias…not the guy…LOL. I had them in my wedding bouquet. Ironic, huh? Have a great weekend.

Kait

July 15, 2017

The gardenias, not the guy! Ha!! I love that and yes – they smell so delicious. What a beautiful flower to have for your wedding!

4. Reply

Jennifer

July 14, 2017

No shopping! I bought something Prime Day but returned it. And don’t even get me started on Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Basically I think it should be a national holiday. I guess you aren’t getting those Turkish towels then…

Kait

July 15, 2017

Sadly no 🙁 Not unless they are still on sale come August…LOL!

Jennifer

July 18, 2017

If it makes you feel better Nordstrom canceled two of the turkish towels I ordered! And, they are cheaper on Amazon anyway! Good for you for sticking to your guns!

Kait

July 18, 2017

Oh man – that’s so annoying! I never even thought about Amazon – such a good idea. I know where I’m going as soon as this no spend July is over 😉

5. Reply

Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place

July 14, 2017

The week definitely flew by! It was crazy fast or maybe I was just too occupied with life. It looks like there’s so much to look forward to! Tahiti is such a beautiful place!

Kait

July 15, 2017

We are so excited!

6. Reply

Renee C.

July 17, 2017

Wow! Tahiti will be amazing!

Kait

July 18, 2017

I hope so! I’m praying we have good weather 🙂

7. Reply

chelsea jacobs

July 19, 2017

Oh my goodness, brandless sounds like such a cool concept! I feel like there has to be a catch?? Off to check it out!

Kait

July 19, 2017

I think the shipping is a little expensive if you don’t spend a certain amount but otherwise – I’m BEYOND intrigued!