Happy Friday, party people!
This week flew by for me, anyone else? And don’t even tell me it was because of Prime Day or the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, because I didn’t shop either! There were some tremendous deals, but I’m holding strong to our No Spend July Challenge.
1. While we are on the subject of shopping, though, I wanted to share this really cool concept I saw some folks talk about on Twitter. It’s called Brandless. Have you heard of it? It’s a company that sells food, beauty products, home supplies and a few other things, but the catch is that everything on their website is $3. And no, I’m not kidding.
I’m not indulging until July is over, but I did a little window shopping and it seems like a cool concept for the basics. Has anyone tested it out? I would love feedback!
2. You know the saying that the best investment that you’ll ever make is investing in yourself? Well, it’s true! A few months ago I invested in this blog in a big way by becoming a client of Dérive Collective. I’ll be honest – I decided that 2017 was going to be the year of this blog either making or breaking. I spend a lot of time behind the scenes here and I wanted to feel validated financially in the time and effort I was spending. I’m happy to say that through mentorship, analyzing, critiquing and coaching this blog has some amazing things on the horizon thanks to Elana and Aaron. It’s WITHOUT A DOUBT one of the best investments I’ve ever made. Stay tuned for more excitement, but in the meantime, check out their ebook.
3. This week Travel + Leisure debuted their annual Reader’s Choice Awards and they did not disappoint. Not only did they not disappoint, they inspired a serious case of wanderlust within me. Okay, okay, I already had it…but now I’m just dreaming of safari camps in Africa and luxurious Turkish baths. AND NO I AM NOT KIDDING! Who wants to come watch my dogs while I travel the world? Just kidding…kind of. I’m not above acting like Elaine Diaz (the article is actually hysterical and cute!)!
4. Our gardenia bushes are blooming like crazy in our yard and each day I stop by them after my run for a long, fragrant whiff! They smell so, so good. I would love nothing more than to snip some and bring them inside, but I tried it once and they don’t last very long. So sad! I’ll just have to enjoy them out my window instead!
5. And finally…Dane and I are headed to Tahiti this fall! I announced it a couple weeks ago over on Instagram (post + full details here), but it’s something I am beyond excited about. Is it too soon to pack my suitcase?!
So tell me, how was your week? If you shopped Prime Day or the #NSale – what did you pick up?