This has been the longest effing week ever, so let’s get this show on the road, shall we? One step closer to the weekend, but first…my top 5 of the week!
1. I actually read this article last weekend and knew I wanted it to be the absolute first thing on my rundown this week. My Photos Aren’t Free – And while we are on the topic, neither is my content or anything else I post. I think it’s an important article for any creatives reading here! #mustread
2. My good friend Laura is participating in the Aloha Home Market here on Oahu this weekend! I’m so excited she’s getting the opportunity to showcase her designs (Lovingly Restored By Laura) in front of such a large audience. She is the mastermind behind the custom floating shelves in our bathroom that so many people have commented on!
If you’re not local to Hawaii, she does some really cool handmade cutting boards that make great gifts. Tell her I sent ya 😉
3. One of my best friends is getting married in October and I’m so excited I was asked to be in her wedding (plus – fall on the East Coast….LOVE IT!). As her bridesmaids, we were charged with finding our own floor length dusty rose colored gowns. She’s super laid back, so I’ve been having fun searching out different options. That said – are any of you dress shopping pros? I would love to know your favorite places to shop. I found a few I like from Nordstrom and BHLDN, but if I’m missing a super obvious option – help a sister out!
Hopefully I look a bit happier than this girl on the day of her wedding, LOL!
4. I legitimately believe I am the only person on the planet who hasn’t shopped the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I’ve been avoiding even looking at the website for weeks, because I thought I might be tempted, but after seeing everyone and their cousin post about it, I figured I would take a peek. Honestly, I saw sneakers. But the big hoopla that surrounds this particular sale is that fall/winter clothing is majorly reduced. Guess what? I have zero use for that in my day-to-day life. The thought of putting on anything with sleeves makes me break out in a sweat, so I can’t even begin to discuss knee high boots and parkas, let alone sweaters and cardigans. Maybe one day when we live somewhere with seasons!
5. In case you missed out, posts this week included:
Hope you all have a fabulous Friday + weekend!