We haven’t quite said goodbye to summer yet, so if you’re getting ready for a big Labor Day she-bang, then I’ve got the perfect recipe for you – Pineapple Margarita Shooters. In fact, I’m heading to the mainland next week for my BFF’s bachelorette party and these just might be on the menu. Not only are the quick and easy, they are PACKED with tequila. I was not initially prepared for the amount of alcohol in one little shooter, LOL!
I came up with this recipe after I found these adorable pineapple molds. They are SO fun, especially considering we live in the land of pineapples. I’ve already gotten a second use out of them making ice cubes and Dane even said…”these are pretty cool”. So there you have it, people – the husband stamp of approval.
So what do you need?
To make Pineapple Margarita Shooters, you will need:
2/3 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup lime juice
2 packets unflavored gelatin
1 cup tequila (I used blanco)
2 tbsp. green sprinkles
1. Mix together the pineapple juice, lime juice and the gelatin together in a medium-sized sauce pan.
2. Put on the stove over medium heat, stirring until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
3. Stir in the tequila.
4. Pour mixture into pineapple molds and refrigerate for 5-6 hours.
5. Remove from refrigerate, pop pineapples out of molds and dip the stems into the green sprinkles.
6. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
A couple tips:
1. In my first batch of these (pictured above), I didn’t use enough gelatin, so they appear runny. Using the 2 full packets above, they will come out more jello-y and less icy.
2. It’s okay if your pineapple stems get a little messed up, the sprinkles hide any imperfections!