Last weekend was lazy central for Dane and I. We spent a lot of time hanging around at home, watching football, playing with the dogs and relaxing…it was AWESOME. Before the weekend started, I knew I wanted to attempt dairy free pumpkin lasagna. I made pumpkin lasagna last fall, but defaulted to using dairy, because I wasn’t really confident in dairy free replacements yet. This year, I felt more prepared to heading into the weekend, I gathered what I thought I would need and set it aside. After a huge Penn State win against Iowa (did anyone else lose years off their life watching that?!), I got to work prepping the ingredients and popped this lasagna in the oven.
You guys, it rocked! I had a loose idea of what I wanted to put into it, but winged it a little bit and WOW! That’s all I can say. I shared the ingredients and recipe briefly on Instagram stories, but after enjoying this meal for two days now, I knew it warranted its own blog post. So today I’m sharing my Dairy Free Pumpkin Lasagna!
You Will Need:
1 box lasagna noodles (my favorite gluten free lasagna noodles here)
1 can pumpkin puree
2 tubs Kite Hill ricotta (you could use regular ricotta if you don’t mind dairy! I also initially only used 1, but I definitely think 2 is best)
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 bag Daiya Mozz Shreds (again, could use regular if you want!)
2 tsp. sage
sprinkle salt, pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Mix together pumpkin purée, 1 tsp. Sage and coconut milk. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix ricotta, eggs, 1 tsp sage and sprinkle of salt and pepper.
4. In a 9×13 baking dish, layer pumpkin mix, noodles, ricotta. Repeat.
5. Top with Daiya shreds and cover with tinfoil.
6. Bake at 375 for 45 min., remove tinfoil covering and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until top is bubbly.
7. Remove and enjoy!
Looking for more dairy free pumpkin goodness? Don’t miss my Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Roll!