Happy Friday from the East Coast! I can’t even tell you how good it feels to be back in the land of fall weather, Penn State football and apple cider. People, Hawaii looks good on the internet, but there is nothing quite like Pennsylvania in the fall 🙂
Let’s dig right in to the nitty gritty…
1. Last week, I was invited to our local Kate Spade in Honolulu for the official launch of Leopard Leopard Leopard with a few other local bloggers. We shopped, snacked and checked out the beautiful new leopard print pieces. Kate has outdone herself…I wanted one of everything! Halley from The Salty Blonde was there dishing on social media, her faves from the new collection and how she balances vintage style with modern pieces. She’s such a sweet person and it was nice connecting with her in real life!
2. I have shopped at Lululemon for years, but Dane was always convinced that their clothing for men was for physiques that were slightly more slim than his build. When he saw their new line of joggers on LululemonHNL’s Instagram, he told me…I want to go check those out. Thankfully the ladies over at Lululemon understood his concerns and invited him in for a fun try-on session. The short answer is that he feel HARD for their line of ABCs. He said that not only are they “not tight in places where they shouldn’t be” but they also don’t “smush his junk” or “make my quads feel like they are getting smothered”. He loves the joggers for yoga and wears the pants to work! This is a PSA for any guys who may think they don’t have the “right” body type for this line.
3. A few days before I left, Dane and I got to work on a really fun project in Honolulu. I can’t tell too many details about it until it goes public, but I can share this whimsical shot. It was the first time Dane and I got to join forces and we loved it! It was a day full of fun, sun and all things Oahu 😉 I can’t wait to share more…hopefully soon!
4. One of my favorite freelance gigs is being a regular contributor over on the Collective Bias blog and recently they gave me the opportunity to talk about the role social media plays during emergencies and natural disasters. I spent a lot of time researching and learning for this one, but I think it’s definitely something that is important, especially given the scary state of our world. If it’s a topic that is of interest to you, definitely check it out!
5. Some of you may have noticed that this site is loading a lot faster and has become a bit more user friendly in the past week. I went to Fran and said girl – since you are the QUEEN OF CODE, what can you do to help me speed this space up and give it a little facelift in the commenting section? She went above and beyond behind the scenes. She helped to fix The Great Disqus Debacle of 2017 and even arranged my archives so that posts are easier to find in specific topics. In any case, whether you need a full blog overhaul or just a little help getting your site’s shit straight – she’s your girl!
How was your week? What are you looking forward to this weekend?