How is it possible that Halloween is a week away? This year has flown by! In the spirit of all things spooky, I was tasked by Drizly to create a Halloween cocktail using my favorite Halloween candy. Of course, I immediately reached for Sour Patch Kids and put on my creative thinking hat. The result? A Whiskey Patch, my take on a traditional Whiskey Sour, but a little extra punch for a Halloween Happy Hour!
You Will Need:
1 small bag of Sour Patch Kids
2.5 shots lemonade
1.5 shots whiskey
Splash simple syrup
Splash cherry juice
Cherry for garnish
- Empty Sour Patch Kids from bag and rim tumbler with a lemon.
- Dip tumbler (my fave here) in the sugar at the bottom of the Sour Patch Kids bag.
- Fill tumbler with ice and set aside.
- In a shaker, combine lemonade, whiskey and simple syrup.
- Shake well.
- Pour mixture into tumbler.
- Add in splash of cherry juice.
- Garnish with a cherry and speared Sour Patch Kids.