What happens when you merge dessert with breakfast? A breakfast cookie, of course! The name is sort of misleading because these Pumpkin Cranberry Breakfast Cookies aren’t packed with sugar, but they ARE packed with protein and delicious fall flavors. My mom whipped up a batch while I was home and I’ve been eating them ever since. I really love RX Bars to start the day, but these are definitely a fun alternative and pair wonderfully with a hot cup of coffee!
Pumpkin Cranberry Breakfast Cookies
You Will Need:
1/4 cup agave
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup quick-cooking oats
2/3 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Warm agave and coconut oil together in a bowl until liquid and blended.
3. In a large bowl, add all ingredients (plus agave and coconut oil blend) and mix well.
4. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, portion cookies onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
6. Remove from oven and enjoy!
If you don’t finish all your cookies in one day, they keep really well, just make sure to put them in a container with a good seal. And while I haven’t tried it yet, I would imagine you could even make a batch to freeze and pull out when you need a quick breakfast, but don’t have time to mix these up!
Have you ever made a breakfast cookie before? What are your go-to breakfast foods when you need to get out of the house in a hurry?