Happy Friday, everyone! Anyone else feeling like this week just dragged on and on? Maybe it was just me, because Dane feels like it flew! In any case – the rain looks like it might finally be sweeping out of this islands (GLORY BE!), because it’s been a long, long 2018 so far filled with lots of clouds, chillier temps (for us, haha) and rain. Lots and lots of flooding and rain – yuck! Winter here is the “wet” season, so a decent amount of rain is to be expected, but this has been more than I can ever remember. But enough about that, let’s dip right into my favorite weekly post – 5 on Friday!
1. Who here has seen the movie or read the book Wonder? I had read the book, so I was a little bit apprehensive about watching the movie. You know how sometimes a book is just so good that you don’t want to risk watching the movie and being disappointed about producers not quite getting it right? That’s how I felt about this one. In any case, we watched the movie and oh my word – it’s a must watch! I would also highly recommend reading the book. So good and so many good messages in it. I said to Dane – I almost forgot what it felt like to watch a really inspiring, thought-provoking movie. We’ve seen two back-to-back that we felt this way about. The first was “The Greatest Showman” about a month ago!via
2. You’ll remember in this post, I was daydreaming about the bikini that was en route to my house. Well, it finally arrived! I know this is going to rock your world…but folks it’s from American Eagle. I know – crazy right? But I just couldn’t resist those cute little kiwis! I will be totally honest and say that it runs small, so I would recommend sizing up in both top and bottom. I also really like that the straps are a little bit thicker than most and it will serve as a great “active” suit for some of our upcoming trips!
3. Last week I was making an English muffin for Dane before he left for work, but the only ones we had were frozen, so I just popped it into the microwave to defrost it a little bit. I put it on quick defrost and walked away to empty the dishwasher. All of a sudden, I smelled the really distinct burning smell and could not figure it out. I kept saying to Dane – do you smell something burning? Is there smoke anywhere? We combed the house checking to make sure nothing seemed out of place, but when we got back downstairs, the kitchen was a little smoky. Turns out – the English muffin had caught on fire in the microwave. I have literally never had that happen before! It was a black puck when I took it out (sorry Dane – no breakfast sandwich) and I checked to see if I could tell what had happened. It will always remain a mystery to me, because I still have no idea what could have gone down in there. I have since used the microwave without issue, but I stand over it the entire time afraid the whole dang thing is going to blow. Am I a crazy person!? Has this ever happened to anyone else?
4. I feel like this week has been particularly good in terms of web reading, so I wanted to share my favorites.
If Literature’s “Complicated Men” Were On Tinder – This one literally made me LOL! It’s worth the read just for the laughs
A U.S. Marine Proposes On Fixer Upper – Cue all the awwww!
How To Pitch To Brands As A Blogger – Katherine is my go-to gal for all things blogging as it relates to real-world PR! She’s a total wealth of info. This is an older post of hers, but I love it!
5. I know I talk about how much I love my pups all the time, but they were being especially cute this week. And believe me – that is saying a lot considering how much time we have spent cooped up indoors together given the rainfall. They (shamelessly) beg for food every single night, even when Dane and I have no food and we are sitting in our living room watching a show. Is anyone else hooked on this season of Summer House? In any case, this was Judy + Bill trying to distract us from across the coffee table. Can you tell who is who?I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Dane and I have big beach and hiking plans if the weather cooperates, so let’s just all say a prayer/cross our fingers/put out good karma/whatever you might be into 😉