Happy Friday, everyone! This week flew by for me, partially because I had something on my agenda each day, which made it feel like I was just seamlessly crossing things off and working toward the weekend! I love the feeling of crossing things off a list, don’t you? I don’t know why, but it makes me feel like I’ve got my shit together, LOL! In any case, this is our last weekend before Italy, so we are going to be packing, hopefully taking the dogs to the beach (Mother Nature – you hear that? SUN PLEASE!) and getting things done around the house before we’re gone. Let’s dive right in to what has become my very favorite post of the week – 5 on Friday!
1. Speaking of us heading out for Italy, I’m in the market for some guest posts! I 100% meant to post about this last week and life got kind of crazy, so here I am posting about it at the last minute like a crazy person, but I would love to have a couple gals take the reins here while I’m away 🙂 I don’t do guest posts too often, so I’m open to topics that fit into travel, food, fitness, beauty – whatever you got! If this sounds like something you would be interested in, sign up here!
2. The other day I was watching Katie’s Instagram stories and she mentioned a 21 day fitness challenge that was 1. free and 2. broken down into 8 minutes per day. I was shocked by how short that seemed, so I decided to take a peek at it. It’s called Glow Body PT and it’s run by a girl named Ashley who is a freaking BEAST in the workout department, a triathlete, Army veteran and Ironman champion. I’m so impressed by her + I’m on my fifth day, but can already tell that the workouts are challenging me in ways that I needed to jump off the fitness plateau I’m currently parked on. My favorite of the week is by far the ab routine! And speaking of Katie – we had a fun little happy hour date on Tuesday. Note to self: more of that!
3. I’ve had two fashion wins recently that I can’t stop gushing about, mostly because they are incredibly affordable AND cute. So first up are these pajamas that I took a chance on before our trip to Tahiti since they are only $19.99. I’m not typically a pajama sets kind of gal, but I loved the print and picked them up in a size small. They’re true to size, so soft and bonus…no itchy tags! I have worn them non-stop (both on our trip and at home) and they’re 100% jumping into my suitcase for our trip. Snag a pair before they sell out!
Next up are these shoes, which I initially blogged about here. I know that you’ve probably seen them on kids, but because of their durability and ease of cleaning, I thought they would be the perfect travel shoe. Let me tell ya – they do not disappoint! Not only are they super easy to slip right on, they’re comfortable, don’t make my feet sweat like a crazy person (one of my biggest concerns) + clean up so easily. In fact, I just pulled them out of the wash so they’re ready for our next adventure and they’re as white as the day I pulled them out of the box. I wore them on the plane, on a rocky beach, to a casual lunch + out on a boat, which was great since they’re durable and waterproof. Cannot say enough good things and so happy I picked them up! I am normally an 8.5 and wearing a size 8.
4. This week, Travel Insider picked up an exciting piece I wrote about 10 things I learned from swimming with sharks without a cage and I’ve never been more excited for a piece to go live in my life! Not only is it a new byline for me, but it’s a piece that I was very passionate while writing. I could probably go on and on about how misrepresented these apex predators are, but I encourage anyone who is curious to give it a read 🙂
5. And finally, I stumbled across this piece on the most colorful natural attractions in the world and couldn’t help but be inspired about just how beautiful this planet is. Of course, we are no strangers to color around these parts 😉