Who here is down for a big ol’ patriotic party next week? Honestly – I’m all about the red, white and blue all summer long! I shared a roundup post of 4th of July recipe ideas, but I just couldn’t stop myself from rolling out my bar cart and putting together something new and fun for this year. Can you blame me? This Flirty Firecracker is a fun layered cocktail that is as easy as it is delicious. And I promise – no tricks here! Layered cocktails are super simple and probably one of my very favorite party tricks. This boozy beverage has a decidedly surprising fruit flavor, so, sit back, relax and let me show you how to bring this delicious cocktail to life for any 4th of July festivities or just because…no judgment!
Flirty Firecracker Cocktail
First things first – how do you keep those layers from mixing? The important thing to keep in mind for this recipe is the “order of operations”. Scientifically speaking, the different weights of the liquids is what keeps them from mixing. If you just pour them all in randomly, it won’t turn out as pretty. So, keep that in mind when you’re getting ready to perform this party trick for all of your friends 😉 Follow these directions and you’ll get pretty layers every single time – I promise!
To bring this cocktail together, you will need:
1 champagne glass
**a tall tumbler will work, too, but the measurements given will need to be doubled.**
1 cup partially crushed ice
1 shot Monin raspberry syrup
1 shot pineapple vodka
1 shot Torani blue raspberry syrup
1. In a clean champagne glass, pour in in the red Monin raspberry syrup.
2. Fill your glass with ice all the way to the top.
3. Next, add in the shot of pineapple vodka. It’s important to note here that you could sub in a flavored vodka of your choice, but I really love how the raspberry and pineapple pair together!
4. As seen in my photos, the vodka and Monin will mix slightly – that’s okay!
5. When you’re ready to serve, top off with a shot of Torani blue raspberry syrup and serve to your guests…or to yourself!
I think this would be a fun recipe to test out with different flavors of vodka and maybe even different types of syrups for varying holidays and celebrations. I’m not entirely sure what we’re doing for the Fourth yet, but I do know these delightful cocktails will be on the menu. They’re light in taste, but trust me when I tell you – a few of them will put you on your butt! That’s my subtle way of making sure you know what you’re getting into and of course – reminding you to drink responsibly this holiday. Cheers!