Anyone who has been around here for awhile knows I’m a sucker for a good psychological thriller book. The creepier, more thrilling or twisted…the better! I have a couple friends who agree and we all toss around book suggestions between one another. It’s the best when you find bookworms just like yourself that enjoy certain niches that aren’t always….optimisitc and happy reads. Who else loves Liane Moriarty? Gillian Flynn? K.L. Slater? Shari Lapena? If you loved Gone Girl, are waiting for more like Behind Closed Doors and can’t get enough of Sharp Objects – today’s post is for YOU! Let’s dive right into thriller books you need to read right now….
9 Thrillers You Need To Read Right Now
1. Bring Me Back – “Finn and Layla are young, in love, and on vacation. They’re driving along the highway when Finn decides to stop at a service station to use the restroom. He hops out of the car, locks the doors behind him, and goes inside. When he returns Layla is gone―never to be seen again. That is the story Finn told to the police. But it is not the whole story.”
2. Jar Of Hearts – “This is the story of three best friends: one who was murdered, one who went to prison, and one who’s been searching for the truth all these years…How far will someone go to bury her secrets and hide her grief? How long can you get away with a lie? How long can you live with it?”
3. The Girl Before – “Please make a list of every possession you consider essential to your life. The request seems odd, even intrusive—and for the two women who answer, the consequences are devastating. An enthralling psychological thriller that spins one woman’s seemingly good fortune, and another woman’s mysterious fate, through a kaleidoscope of duplicity, death, and deception.”
4. Silent Child – “In the summer of 2006, Emma Price watched helplessly as her six-year-old son’s red coat was fished out of the River Ouse. It was the tragic story of the year – a little boy, Aiden, wandered away from school during a terrible flood, fell into the river, and drowned. His body was never recovered. Ten years later, Emma has finally rediscovered the joy in life. She’s married, pregnant, and in control again… … until Aiden returns.”
5. A Stranger In The House – “Karen and Tom Krupp are happy—they’ve got a lovely home in upstate New York, they’re practically newlyweds, and they have no kids to interrupt their comfortable life together. But one day, Tom returns home to find Karen has vanished—her car’s gone and it seems she left in a rush. She even left her purse—complete with phone and ID—behind. When Karen returns, something’s not quite right. And the police won’t stop asking questions. Because in this house, everyone’s a stranger. Everyone has something they’d rather keep hidden. Something they might even kill to keep quiet.”
6. In A Dark, Dark Wood – “When reclusive writer Leonora is invited to the English countryside for a weekend away, she reluctantly agrees to make the trip. But as the first night falls, revelations unfold among friends old and new, an unnerving memory shatters Leonora’s reserve, and a haunting realization creeps in: the party is not alone in the woods.”
7. The Last Mrs. Parrish – “Amber Patterson is fed up. She’s tired of being a nobody: a plain, invisible woman who blends into the background. She deserves more—a life of money and power like the one blond-haired, blue-eyed goddess Daphne Parrish takes for granted. Amber’s envy could eat her alive . . . if she didn’t have a plan. Amber uses Daphne’s compassion and caring to insinuate herself into the family’s life—the first step in a meticulous scheme to undermine her. Before long, Amber is Daphne’s closest confidante, traveling to Europe with the Parrishes and their lovely young daughters, and growing closer to Jackson. But a skeleton from her past may undermine everything that Amber has worked towards, and if it is discovered, her well-laid plan may fall to pieces.”
8. Something In The Water – “If you could make one simple choice that would change your life forever, would you? Erin is a documentary filmmaker on the brink of a professional breakthrough, Mark a handsome investment banker with big plans. Passionately in love, they embark on a dream honeymoon to the tropical island of Bora Bora, where they enjoy the sun, the sand, and each other. Then, while scuba diving in the crystal blue sea, they find something in the water…”
9. The Woman In The Window – “Anna Fox lives alone—a recluse in her New York City home, unable to venture outside. She spends her day drinking wine (maybe too much), watching old movies, recalling happier times . . . and spying on her neighbors. Then the Russells move into the house across the way: a father, a mother, their teenage son. The perfect family. But when Anna, gazing out her window one night, sees something she shouldn’t, her world begins to crumble—and its shocking secrets are laid bare…”
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like 10 Books To Read If You Loved Big Little Lies, 16 Psychological Thrillers You Won’t Be Able To Put Down or 10 Books To Read If You Liked Behind Closed Doors!