I made these delicious peppers about two weeks ago and I’m finally posted the recipe. Sorry it has taken this long. Geeze, life sometimes, but I promise these are worth the wait. Dane, the ever present skeptic when it comes to quinoa, even admitted these knocked it out of the park.
You Will Need:
2 Large Bell Peppers (any color, but we like red)
1/3 cup quinoa, cooked
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 handful of spinach
1/3 cup cheese
Salt, Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper
1/3 cup rice (optional)
1. Wash and clean your peppers and cut the top off, so you have “buckets” to be filled.
2. Mix quinoa, chicken, cheese, rice (optional), basil, salt, pepper, & crushed red pepper while the quinoa is still hot. Add in spinach so it wilts from the temperature.
3. Stuff mixture evenly into peppers.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, sprinkle cheese on top of both peppers, and place back in the oven.
6. Set to broil for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
7. Remove and enjoy!