The funny thing about my cooking is that I very rarely follow a recipe, so when I get asked for them–I have to think back to EXACTLY how I made it. Thankfully, this coconut chicken is an old family recipe that is so easy AND delicious. Two words that should always go together. Kind of like endless and mimosas. Right?
You will need:
2-3 chicken breasts
2 cups coconut
1/3 cup milk
1 cup flour (I use Cup4Cup)
1. Put the flour in a bowl.
2. Put the coconut in a bowl. Sometimes I like to toast the coconut before using it, but it is good whether you toast it or not 🙂
2. Mix the egg and milk together in a different bowl.
3. Chunk the chicken breasts into quarters.
Okay, now that the prep work is done, we can start!
1. Take one piece of chicken and dip it in the milk/egg combo.
2. Take that same piece and dredge it in the flour.
3. Now dip it in the milk/egg combo again.
4. Now into the coconut and place on a baking sheet.
5. Repeat this until all your chicken pieces are coated.
6. Bake in your oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
I like to put this chicken on top of a spinach salad with almonds and strawberries. Using a light vinaigrette makes it the perfect summer salad.