Yesterday I was tagged on Instagram by the birthday girl herself, Shasta, to participate in a fun 20 Random Facts post. Thinking, self, you really need some fun blog material for the week, I took my tag from Instagram and spread it over here on le blog. #winning #lazy #youdecide
Ignore me tagging 20 other accounts, but DO enjoy these 20 random factoids. Let’s goooo!
1. I’m deathly afraid of sharks, but have been slowly trying to conquer this fear. Step 1? Surf and paddle board at the same beach where a tiger shark just attacked a fellow surfer. Look, I know I’m all up in their house, so I’m just going to have to deal with the fact that they live there. Mi casa, su casa. Or something like that.
2. We don’t have cable–and I kind of love it.
3. I’m addicted to my iPhone and it’s really annoying to everyone around me. Sometimes I just can’t stop!
4. I initially wanted a really long engagement, so we picked a wedding date over a year away. In reality, our wedding was planned in 2 months AND we ended up pushing it back an additional 5 months thanks to deployment. Hindsight is 20/20, I suppose.
5. I hate painting my nails.
6. Dane and I have a strict agreement about dating each other forever. None of this “We’re too busy, there’s no time” nonsense. We budget for at least 1 date night per week.
7. I have really bad anxiety about things I cannot control.
8. Finding out about my gluten allergy was one of the best things that ever happened to me health-wise. I’ve never eaten so healthy in my whole life!
9. I’m a sucker for a nice glass of Pinot Grigio.
10. I LOVE DOGS. I can’t believe this wasn’t #1..!?
11. I’d rather be poor and happy, than rich and miserable. I’ve seen what money can do to people and it’s an ugly, ugly reality.
12. I’m self-conscience about my ears and nose. Both are large and in charge.
13. I have a lazy eye that comes out when I’m tired and/or have been drinking. It’s kind of just a part of who I am now–though my family really enjoys being able to read me so easily!
14. I hate running, but I’ll do Insanity or Crossfit all day long. Riddle me that.
15. I have a birthmark on the bottom of my right foot. I always joke with my parents that if I ever go missing, to be sure to put that on the MISSING PERSONS poster. I suppose that’s a very grim thing to joke about, but I still bring it up occasionally. Perhaps because…
16. I have an extremely irrational fear of being kidnapped.
17. Moving to Hawaii was one of the best things I ever did for myself–mentally, physically, emotionally, professionally. Everything. It took me awhile to realize this, but I’d do it all over again in a minute.
18. I sometimes think about what life would be like if I were a celebrity’s child.
18a. Almost instantly, I am grateful for the parents I have–who are not celebrities.
19. I will fill an entire shopping basket on an online store and then immediately close out the window. It’s free-ing.
20. If I wasn’t worried about my teeth, I would eat fruity candy all day long. Skittles, I’m coming for you. Twizzlers, you don’t stand a chance.
Whew, if you made it through all of these–THANK YOU! And if you’re a new reader, I hope I haven’t scared you off. The waters fine, stay awhile 🙂