So color me crazy, but it’s only September and I’m already listening to Christmas Pandora. I’m not sorry about it either. It makes me happy and come on–we all have our vices.
When I was in Seattle visiting Kaitlyn and she asked me to help her craft a small prop for holiday photos, I was more than excited. CHRISTMAS? CRAFTS?! Now we’re talking, because I’m fairly certain this is the stuff dreams are made of–at least mine.
Is this not the cutest thing ever? The best part is that it’s super easy and can be used on mantles, doorways, for photos, etc. PLUS, it’s completely customizable! There’s nothing better than that. Except for maybe Christmas morning.
You Will Need:
Approximately 1 yard of burlap
Letter Stencils (unless your free-handing is out of this world)
Glue Gun & Hot Glue
1. Decide on what your banner will say and cut the appropriate amount of triangles.
**The best method for this is making a pattern from a sheet of computer paper so that all the triangles are uniform in shape and size!
2. Place the stencils down and cover the letter shape with glitter glue. Coat with glitter.
3. Slowly peel the stencil off the burlap as to not smudge the glitter glue.
4. Place triangles on a non-stick surface to dry for at least 4-6 hours. Smudgy glitter will ruin all your hard work!
**A trashbag works really well!
5. When all of your triangles are dry, heat up your hot glue gun and carefully attach the triangles to an appropriate length of twine.
**The easiest way to do this is to have someone hold one end while you work to affix the triangles.
6. Enjoy the holiday cheer!
P.S. Today marks 3 months until Christmas Eve 🙂