Okay friends, yesterday I blogged about my MOST FAVORITE birthday dinner to date–which says a lot because at this point I’ve had 25 birthday dinners and I think at age 1, I got a cake all to myself–but this year’s birthday dinner takes the cannoli.
Today we’re talking pork. If I’m being honest, I don’t cook pork frequently, because I’m always a little unsure of myself when it comes to preparing it, but this has quelled my fears. My mom literally walked me through the entire process in less than 10 minutes. I’m sold and now a full-fledged pork connoisseur.
You Will Need:
1-1.5 pounds of pork tenderloin
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons honey
1 apple, peeled and sliced
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Mix together the honey and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Drizzle olive oil into the bottom of a large crock roaster and place pork tenderloin inside.
4. Cut slits into the pork — about 6 or 8.
5. Put apple slices into the slits of the pork–this doesn’t have to be perfect!
6. Slather the honey and cinnamon mixture on top of the tenderloin liberally until used entirely.
7. Bake in the oven for 3-4 hours or until pork is tender enough to crumble.
Our version was served with parmesean asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes–so easy and delicious!