Friends, I finally made lettuce wraps. I know, I’m about 5 years too late to this party, but they have been life changing. It all started when a friend of mine posted a photo on her Instagram and I thought “That’s it…I can totally make those and I’m putting them on our meal plan.” And so it was.
If I could, I would eat these for every meal they are THAT good. Good? Easy? Sold.
You Will Need:
For the chicken:
2 chicken breasts, chunked
1 cup onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup peppers, chopped
handful of peanuts, chopped
1 teaspoon soy sauce
6 leaves of iceberg lettuce
For the saute mix:
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar (I used rice wine vinegar!)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. Mix all ingredients for saute mix and set aside. Make sure the brown sugar dissolves completely!
2. Brown chicken in a saute pan using olive oil.
3. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Dane was tasked with using our chopper to make the chicken chunks even tinier. Don’t have a chopper? Two knives work well, too!
4. Saute onions, peppers and garlic in pan with 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
5. When vegetables are tender, add chicken, saute mix & chopped peanuts to the pan and mix.
6. Portion out your chicken mix into the lettuce leaves and enjoy! You will be shocked at how much flavor is packed into each bite 🙂