Yes, I just went there.
Believe me, it’s just as good as it sounds and better yet–it’s super easy. I made it for a small get together with friends to watch the Rangers game, but I think it would be a delicious addition to your Easter spread, too!
Let’s get started!
You Will Need:
1 loaf of banana bread, cooked
**I used this recipe, because the chocolate chips add a little extra OOMPH! By using Cup4Cup flour, I’m able to get the same great flour at the gluten free price…or something like that 😉
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
1. Bake your loaf of banana bread and let it cool completely.
2. Beat heavy cream and sugar on HIGH in a Kitchen-Aid or with an electric mixer. When the milk starts to form stiff peaks, it is ready. Voila–homemade cream!
3. Cut the banana bread loaf into bite-size pieces and line the bottom of the pie pan.
4. Put a thin layer of cream.
5. Put the other half of the banana bread pieces of top.
6. Put a thick layer of whipped cream on top.
This is best eaten right away, but equally good after being refrigerated. I did have about 15 pieces of banana bread leftover, so next time I’ll just cut the cubes up as I need them and enjoy 1 or 2 slices of bread afterwards 😉