Okay, here’s the deal. I’m short on time and even shorter on mental capacity (gasp!), but I wanted to share this amazing recipe for scalloped potatoes that I made last week for girl’s night. I was surprised by how simple they were, even though I have been putting off making them for weeks.
I was inspired to try them after Dane saw the disgusting boxed kind (sorry, but I find boxed food offensive!) at the store and said they reminded him of the kind his grandma used to make. I was pretty freaking proud when he gave them his stamp of approval.
You Will Need:
4-5 potatoes washed and sliced very thin
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour (Cup4Cup is seriously the best there is for gluten free foodies!)
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (plus a little extra for the top!)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 pan.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
3. Slowly mix in the flour, stirring well.
4. Add in the milk.
5. Let this sit and bring to a boil.
6. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
7. In the pan, put a layer of the sliced potatoes.
8. Pour 1/3 of your buttery/floury/cheesy mixture on top.
9. Put another layer of potatoes, then mixture. Repeat until you are out of both.
10. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 1 hour.