Recently, we’ve been on a spaghetti squash kick–mostly of the boat variety. Why? Because it’s delicious and fills us up and is (mostly) healthy. Sometimes I even stop to ask myself…this tastes way too good–is it really veggies?
What’s even better? They are so easy and take little to no thought. See: When it’s 6PM and I still don’t know what we’re having for dinner.
You Will Need:
1 spaghetti squash, cut long ways
1 red pepper
red spaghetti squash
cheese for sprinkling (optional)
1. Cut the spaghetti squash long ways, drizzle with olive oil and bake in your oven (cut side facing up) for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
2. In the meantime, chop pepper and onion and saute on the stove.
3. Add garlic to vegetable saute.
4. Add pesto sauce and red spaghetti sauce to the saute.
5. Remove the squash from the oven and “tear” up the inside to the get the spaghetti-like squash from the sides.
6. Pour saute pan sauce mix equally onto the squash halves.