This is one of those recipes that you see and think…OY! That might actually taste good! I know the first time I encountered this meal was at a dinner my friend hosted in college. I was surprised by how much I liked the flavors together. Admittedly, this is a comfort meal and not exactly “on the every day diet”, but Dane and I both loved the end result. You’ll have to tell me what you think 🙂
You Will Need:
5 strips bacon (I used honey maple)
1 pound shrimp, peeled
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup instant grits, prepared per the instructions
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. In a large saucepan, fry up the 5 strips of bacon on medium heat.
2. Remove the bacon from the pan and in the same grease, add the shrimp and crushed garlic.
3. While the shrimp are cooking, prepare the grits per the instructions on the container.
**I used instant grits to make my life easier.
4. When the grits are cooked, add the cheese and stir continuously until melted.
5. Once the shrimp are cooked through, add them to the grits.
6. Crumble bacon strips and stir into shrimp/grits mixture.