There are few things I like more than a quick and easy meal addition that is not just gluten free, but a healthy alternative.
This recipe for zucchini fritters has been modified from a recipe originally posted by Alissa at Diary of an Addict. When she posted it on her Instagram feed one day, it happened to be perfect timing thanks to an abundance of zucchinis from a crop share. You won’t want to miss this one, I promise!
(p.s. her photos are a lot nicer than mine are! be sure to check them out if photography is what you’re looking for ;))
You Will Need:
1 zucchini, grated
4 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup almond milk
3 green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 cup gluten free flour (Cup4Cup is my go to!)
1. Mix the shredded zucchini, onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, baking power & butter together.
2. Slowly add in your eggs and almond milk. Mix well.
**I highly recommend a hand mixer.
3. Add the flour to your ingredients, continuing to mix with the hand mixer.
4. Heat olive oil in a skillet.
**I used about 3 tablespoons total.
5. Once you see the oil begin
to heat up, use a tablespoon to scoop circles of mixture into the hot oil.
6. When you begin to see them brown on the bottom, flip them over and cook the other side.
7. Once cooked, take them out of the oil and place on a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!
* In this photo, you’ll see chicken topped with Boursin cheese and wrapped in prosciutto — the combo tasted great together!