The title should sum things up quite nicely for you, but just in case, I’m here today bringing you all 10 observations Dane and I shared while making our way through Magic Kingdom. Keep in mind, we only had one day and one park, so we sucked it up and picked the most magical one of them all–Magic Kingdom.
1. Stroller derby. It took me exactly 20 minutes to determine that I will never take a child who isn’t old enough to walk to a theme park the size of Disney. Something about navigating a small bus amongst hundreds of thousands does not scream dream vacation to me.
2. If Mickey Mouse has endorsed it, your child is going to want it. we were browsing a main street shop, when I heard a mother calmly tell her Mickey-crazed child “honey, that’s a dish towel, you don’t need any of those.”
3. Buy the $4 Mickey Mouse ice cream bar. One, it’s delicious but two, I almost feel like Disney is one of those places where you just have to know upfront you’re going to spend a lot of money and come to terms with it BEFORE you go.
4. The $4 slushy lemonade is worth it, too. see #3.
5. Paying the professionals walking around to take your photo is pointless. I handed them our DSLR and they took some great shots without us paying an additional fee.
6. The Fastpass set-up is far more confusing than it has to be. load the Disney app on your phone (I hate myself for even admitting such a thing), pick the rides you want to go on and they will give you times. we really only wanted the fast pass for space mountain, but we randomly selected the haunted house and thunder mountain railroad, as well. they gave us fast passes for the haunted house and thunder mountain railroad during the fireworks show (nice try), so we bit the bullet and waited in line for those at non-firework times, but we got a primo time for space mountain.
7. Why does a hot dog cost $11? we all know it’s pressed pig parts, so why’s it gotta be $11 Walt?
8. When I was little, Cinderella’s castle looked MUCH bigger (that’s what she said), so the first thing I said when we walked in was “well, that looks kind of tiny.” <— is it weird to make TWSS jokes at disney world?
9. This isn’t exactly Disney related, but florida weather is literally the weirdest thing I have ever encountered. we went from 50 degrees to 80 degrees all in one day–no wonder people get sick!
10. And last, but certainly not least, you are never too old to have your picture taken with the mouse himself!