Just in time for thanksgiving, I wanted to share my favorite recipe for homemade pumpkin pie. Why is it my favorite? Because it’s easy and it still tastes delicious.
You Will Need:
1 unbaked, 9-inch pie crust, my recipe can be found here
1 15-ounce can of pureed pumpkin
*do not use pumpkin pie mix!
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
butter, for greasing
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Grease your pie pan with straight butter. I know, this sounds nuts, but I think PAM gives pie a bad flavor.
3. Put your crust into your pie dish and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and pumpkin pie spice.
5. Pour mixture into the pie dish.
6. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
7. Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes, or until filling is set.