Do you ever have those nights where you have no idea what to make? I have them more times than I care to admit. Since I’m not a huge fan of red meat (occasionally is more than enough for me), I am always on the hunt for exciting ways to doctor up my dinners. Let’s be honest–chicken gets boring. I think if it were up to Dane we would alternate between hamburgers and steak. No turkey burgers for that man!
I came up with Chicken Mozzarella Roll-ups after rummaging through my refrigerator at 5:30 one night on the hunt for something to make for dinner.
I was shocked when I pulled these golden breasts (ha, yes, I went there) from the oven and bit into them. Packed with flavor and not dry at all, I highly recommend these when you find yourself in a dinner rut!
You Will Need:
2 chicken breasts, fileted into four cutlets
4 pieces of prosciutto
4 pieces of mozzarella
truffle oil, optional
*Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
1. Lay your chicken filet flat on a cutting board.
|For the record, I hate how raw chicken looks, but bear with me.|
2. Layer with a slice of prosciutto.
3. Place a slice of fresh mozzarella on top of the prosciutto.
4. Sprinkle with garlic powder, roll both ends in (like a pinwheel!) and secure with toothpicks.
5. I drizzled mine with truffle oil (about a tablespoon) and then baked in my oven at 375 for about 20 minutes.
I topped it with a balsamic glaze reduction and served with rice.