Man, this week just seemed to fly by…maybe that’s because it was only a four day work week over here. HOLLA! <–do people still say that?
Anyway…let’s get right to it this week, shall we?
1. Dane and I will be posted up at Turtle Bay Resort this weekend relaxing on a much needed staycation. We are SO excited to check out their farm-to-table restaurant, explore the coast in kayaks and relax by their upgraded pool. It helps we scored an ocean-view suite and plan on totally vegging out. Check back Monday for all my tips for the ultimate O’ahu staycation!
2. I have been loving so many links around the web lately — so much good content being put out. Is anyone else with me here? A couple of my favorites include:
These air travel tips from Sarah — totally going to try tipping our flight attendants on our upcoming flights for the holidays!
Ashley talks about challenging yourself to Burn Your Ships — whoa, love this. If you want to feel inspired, start here!
My in-real-life-friend Caroline blogged these Paleo Salted Maple Blondies and I cannot get them out of my head — they are next on my to-make list!
And speaking of paleo desserts, I whipped up this banana bread that Kristen recommended. Oh my goodness — delish! Plus, my house smelled amazing.
3. I started a YouTube channel and posted my very first vlog.
I know, crazy right?! I hope you’ll follow along; I have a lot of exciting things planned!
4. A couple months ago, my friend Jen told me about a site called Swagbucks. Say what? I had never heard of it. But basically, she told me that she was earning over $50 per month in Amazon gift cards. HOLD THE PHONE! The best part, she explained, was that I could pick nearly any store I could think of to get these gift cards. It didn’t have to be Amazon. Okay, okay..what do I have to do?! Sign up here, log in whenever you shop at your favorite retailers, take surveys, watch videos…bada bing, bada boom — FREE MONEY. I was leery at first, I’m not going to lie. After successfully earning $75 in gift cards in two months, I can verify that it’s legit. With the holidays coming up, there’s no better time to sign up and start earning!
5. And just because I cannot get over how heartwarming this story is..has anyone else seen the wounded veteran who had his service dog act as best man at his wedding? 1, 2, 3…AWWW! You can read more about it here.
And before I forget, next Friday, October 16th, I’m hosting a linkup on budgeting! You can bring all your favorite tips and tricks that help you manager on a month-to-month basis, help you save for holiday presents..whatever! I’m looking forward to what everyone brings to the linkup & I hope you’ll join in the fun!
Have a great weekend, everyone!