Okay so raise your hand if you’re hosting Thanksgiving tomorrow and you’re in panic mode. Yep, okay, I can see a lot of you out there. I have something for you today that is going to absolutely ease your troubled mind. It comes in the form of a super easy appetizer and pre-made pie crust. My mom showed me how to make this and I’m certain I’ll be incorporating it into my regularly scheduled happy hours. Your guests will be so enamored with this dip, they won’t even notice you burned the rolls and forgot the potatoes. Unless you’re hosting me, then I will ALWAYS notice you forgot potatoes. But let’s get on with the real meaning for this post…Apple Pie Dip!
Apple Pie Dip
You Will Need:
For The Dip:
2 cups peeled and diced apples
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cornstarch
For The Pie Dippers:
1 pie crust
2 tbsp butter, melted
cinnamon and sugar
1. In a small pot, add everything for the dip mixture except the cornstarch and put on low.
2. As the apples heat up, their juices will be extracted.
3. When that happens, add the cornstarch to thicken the dip.
4. Turn the stove off, but leave the pot there to keep it warm.
5. Cut pie crust into strips and lay flat on a cookie sheet.
6. Brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until slightly puffy and crisp.
8. Serve dip and dippers warmed.
Enjoy & Happy Thanksgiving!