Homemade Ricotta Cookies
For The Cookies:
1/2 pound butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound ricotta cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
4.5 cups flour
1.5 tsp. baking powder
1.5 tsp. baking soda*This recipe yields A LOT of cookies and can easily be halved
For The Frosting:
2 cups 10x sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla1. Mix frosting ingredients together and set aside.
2. Mix together butter, sugar and salt for cookies.
3. Add the eggs and slowly fold in the ricotta cheese.
4. Sift in flour, baking powder and baking soda.
5. Place small dough balls on a greased cookie sheet about an inch apart.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Wait until cookies are cool to frost.