It’s that time of year again… everyone is making goals for the new year and I’m over here like…
In an effort to get myself on track and in a good place for the new year (I’ve got a new planner to bust out, people!) I went ahead and made some goals for myself in terms of blogging.
2015 was an amazing year for me in terms of growing this blog, establishing a community and meeting new friends. Yes,
fake make believe internet friends. I have loved getting to know many of you that read and hope to do more of that in 2016!
Without further ado, my blogging goals for 2016 are:
1. To grow a larger Pinterest following. I always thought..pish posh, Pinterest is for moms who need ideas to occupy their kids in that annoying space between school and dinner. SO, SO WRONG. And stupid, really. I should have been utilizing this great tool for my blog long before I did. Let’s be Pinterest friends HERE.
2. To integrate more style posts. I have loved sharing a small snippet of some of my favorite style looks and can’t wait to bring more of that to the table in the new year.
3. Grow a larger community and meet more people. I’ve become part of several blogging communities that have been great for meeting new faces, but I always want to meet more!
4. Selfishly, I want to grow my income from this blog. I know sponsored posts get a little bit tiring for my readers, but I try to be as picky as possible when it comes to opportunities and pick content that will be relevant for everyone. The amount of times I’ve been pitched for non-relevant material far outweighs the sponsored content you see on here. I try to be as transparent as possible when it comes to what is sponsored and what isn’t and I appreciate everyone who keeps coming back for more 🙂
5. Creating a content calendar. Right now, I use the Notepad app on my iPhone when I get a blog post idea, but I really wish I was better about planning my content at the beginning of the month. This would help with joining link-ups, networking with more people and would hopefully harness my organization.
What are your blogging goals for 2016? What changes would you like to see around here?