Let me be honest with all of you — I like very few things more than happy hour. And every happy hour has a good appetizer to go with it, am I right? Yes, of course I am.
For me, a simple bowl of nuts just doesn’t cut it. A cheese platter? Now we’re talking. But a hot appetizer? GIMME! Which brings me to Italian Stuffed Shrimp. I make these shrimp as often as the seafood rodeo comes to Costco, because that’s when you can really get the jumbo sized shrimp (they’re as big as my palm!).
You can make this recipe with regular sized shrimp, but it’s not quite as easy, because you have to butterfly each one. More on that in a minute.
My mouth is already watering, so let’s get started.
You Will Need:
10-12 jumbo shrimp
Kerrygold Dubliner cheese (or your favorite kind of sharp cheese)
1/4 pound prosciutto
4 tbsp. Kerrygold butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
handful of spinach (optional)
1. Set your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Thaw your shrimp and butterfly each one.
3. Cut your Kerrygold cheese into thin strips, small enough to fit into the butterflied area of the shrimp.
4. Wrap each shrimp tightly with a piece of prosciutto.
*The tightness is important on this step, because you don’t want your cheese oozing out!*
5. In a small pan, add your handful of spinach, butter and garlic.
*The spinach is optional, but I love having the added pop of flavor once it cooks*
6. Put your shrimp on top of the bed of spinach.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until prosciutto looks crispy.
Serve immediately — preferably alongside a cold cocktail!