New year, new products, right?! Right.
I love trying out new products and wanted to share with you some of my favorites lately. I’m going to let you in on a little secret — none of these products are above the $10 mark. I know, I know..hold your applause.
1. Clairol Hair Food Sulfate Free Dry Shampoo – If you’re unfamiliar with dry shampoo, it basically extends your wash/dry by allowing you to spray some on & go. No hair washing/drying/styling! I really love this product, because of the way it smells, and it lasts me about a month (I use it about 3 times a week, so roughly 12 uses), which I find impressive because the can is pretty small. I also like that it doesn’t leave white marks in my dark hair like some other drugstore dry shampoos.
2. LUSH Mint Julips – This is a lip scrub I apply before I get in the shower. If I use it any other time it gets kind of messy. I put a dollop on my lips, rub them together and then it rinses off in the shower water. Don’t worry about any weird flavoring — it tastes like sugar! Plus, it leaves my (often chapped and sunburned) lips soft & happy!
3. C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve – You know this product is a winner when your friend sends it to you as a present and says…YOU CAN LITERALLY USE THIS ON EVERYTHING. It’s true. I rub it on my lips post shower, on my cuticles before bed, on cuts I find on arms or legs…you see where this is going. I love that it doesn’t leave me feeling greasy!
4. Herbal Essences Naked Shampoo & Conditioner – When I first saw these on another blog, I thought…that’s so 90s! And kind of chuckled to myself. Except that blogger got the last laugh, because here I am raving about it. The smell of this stuff makes me want to take a bath in a vat of it. I’m not kidding. This is the point in time where I wish my blog had a scratch-and-sniff option. It’s a fresh mint scent and leaves my hair soft and my color bright. #winning
5. Covergirl Outlast in Moonlight Mauve – This is the perfect lip color for a night out with your girlfriends or date night with your hubby. I was a little bit hesitant, because it has a purple undertone that I wasn’t used to, but honestly — just go for it! It’s flattering and gives the perfect pop without being over the top, if that makes sense?
6. NYX Butter Lipstick in Sweet Tart – This stuff is called butter for a reason – SO SMOOTH! Sarah sent it to me for my birthday and I haven’t stopped using it since. It’s the perfect shade for everyday and I’ve been keeping it in my purse for touchups 🙂
What are your favorite drugstore beauty finds?