Hi, my name is Kait and I’m a 27 year-old with chronic skin problems. Acne, moles and Rosacea are the culprits for me and as soon as I was able to pinpoint what exactly my issues were, I was able to work toward making sure my skin was as happy as possible. These are my 5 tried-and-true ways to make sure I’m sporting my best skin possible!
5 Steps To Better Summer Skin
1. Stay hydrated. It’s an oldie, but goodie for a reason. Making sure you’re drinking enough water is essential to making sure your skin is happy. I refill my 40-oz. Hydroflask three times a day…and sometimes more! Studies have shown that we should all be drinking about half a gallon of water per day (8, 8-ounce glasses), so having my bottle with the ounces already calculated is crucial for me.
2. Get quality sleep. This one should be simple enough, but how many of you fall asleep to the glow of your iPhone? Banning technology in the bedroom and trying your best to get as much sleep as possible at night will result in more radiant skin.
3. Be consistent. For me, this one has always been important. I’m (sadly) not the type of girl who can experiment with 100 different types of skincare and have fun without my face freaking the heck out. I find brands that work well with my skin and do what I need them to — and stick to it! Trying new things here and there is so fun, but I know it wreaks havoc on my skin in the long run.
4. Lotion up. If you’re heading out into the sun, put on sunscreen. If you’ve just washed your face, put on moisturizer. If you have a cut, put on some Neosporin. I’m serious — taking this little bit of extra time is making your skin happy. Trust me.
5. Treat skin conditions head-on. For me, acne and Rosacea are the root of my skin embarrassment. If either are acting up, no amount of product, sleep or water are going to make me feel better. When I started taking prescription acne medication, I saw a world of difference, but my Rosacea was still an issue. When my dermatologist recommended Prosacea® Medicated Rosacea Gel, I was all ears. Unlike other products, Prosacea Medicated Rosacea Gel does not cover up Rosacea symptoms (redness, bumps, etc.) but actually controls them using a light, water-based formulation that goes on easily, absorbs quickly and provides a flawless finish under makeup. Within days of using the product, I noticed a difference, which was a huge plus for me and my instant-gratification needs! Like with everything else in your medicine cabinet, please make sure to read and follow all label instructions before using Prosacea.
With these tips, your skin will be looking its best and you’ll be feeling your best this summer!
How do you face your biggest skin hurdles?