This week has whizzed by and dragged on all at once. Does anyone else feel that way? My days would rush by and then at night I would lay awake in bed thinking of all the shit I had to do. Hopefully I’m not the only one who is plagued by this!
Anyway, it’s been awhile since I participated in Five On Friday and it’s one of my favorite link-ups so here we go!
1. There’s still time to ask me anything you want. I’ll be answering all the questions in a special blog post next week. It’s 100% anonymous so don’t be shy!
2. A good friend of ours wrote me this week to say that their family dog passed away. Now, don’t get me wrong, the fact that it was a black Lab definitely tugged at my heartstrings, but the reality is that the idea of any pet dying makes me want to bawl like a baby. A dog, a cat, a guinea pig, a rat — whatever. It’s your pet and part of your family. I wish they could live forever, don’t you? Sending love to pets everywhere today (and every day). I know I hugged Judy & Bill a little tighter this week.
3. The words STOP WANTING need to be imprinted on my palm, on my steering wheel and next to my keyboard. The amount of window shopping I’m doing is reaching epic levels and it needs to stop. Window shopping for clothes, houses, vacations, accessories…it’s BAD. On the topic of clothing, I have things in my closet I don’t ever touch and some of it still has tags. I went through it all this past week and donated two huge garbage bags of stuff. When I dropped it off the woman said “these things are new!”….and I felt ashamed. Sometimes I get too caught up in wanting more. I need to slow down and savor what I have.
4. Has anyone else watching this video of Robin Wright discussing fair pay? I love it! I think I’ve watched it about 6 dozen times, mostly because she’s such a badass. Not only do I love House of Cards and Claire Underwood’s strong female character, but I appreciate someone in Hollywood taking a stand for such an important issue.
5. I am more than a little excited for some of my friends here in the blog world:
Sarah is on a mission to kick her insecurities (and some weight) to the curb by the time she turns 30!
Kelsey took on a road trip from Alaska to Georgia with 4 kids and a dog and is cataloging the entire thing on Instagram!
How was your week? Tell me everything!