I can honestly tell all of you that I have a sweet tooth. Hopefully none of you are surprised by this considering I wrote a whole e-book on gluten free desserts! Anyway, I have been back in my kitchen whipping up some delicious stuff and I wanted to pop in and share these bars. They are the best possible mix of sweet and seriously indulgent. Not too rich that you feel sick after one bite, but rich enough that you think…OH SWEET JESUS YES when you take a bite. Ya feel me?
Gluten Free Bailey’s Cookie Dough Bars
You Will Need:
2 3/4 cups Cup4Cup
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup Kerrygold
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 shots Bailey’s Irish Cream
1 cup Enjoy Life Foods chocolate nibs
*Just a quick note about Enjoy Life Foods — they’re dairy, nut and soy free, so they are the perfect substitution if you’re cooking for someone with food allergies. They don’t sponsor or endorse me, but I love them.
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine your flour, salt and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla extract and Bailey’s.
4. Slowly incorporate the dry mix into the wet mix, adding a little at a time until fully combined.
5. Fold in chocolate nibs.
6. The mixture is going to be a bit dense, but spread it into a greased 9 by 13 pan and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
7. At 25 minutes test to see how cake-like the mixture is. If super gooey, bake an additional 5 minutes until browned. If it’s not too cake-y yet (super official terms, I know), then pull from the oven and let them sit for 30 more minutes.
8. When completely cooled, slice and enjoy!
If you make these, I would love to know what you think 🙂