So, I combat this with Quilted Northern‘s Subscribe & Save program through Amazon Prime. It’s so easy Bill & Judy could do it. I get Supreme rolls that are softer and longer-lasting AND a 5% discount for setting up a subscription. What is not to love? Plus, Amazon offers a 15% off clippable coupon
When Amazon Prime first debuted, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it. Would it really save me money? Or time? I was skeptical, but as more and more people raved about it – we finally hopped on board.
Let me just say that it is a total game changer. Shipping to Hawaii is never a cheap adventure, so from a money standpoint, it absolutely saves us. Because we literally live in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, Amazon Prime doesn’t get to us as quickly (more like 5 days instead of 1), but I’m not complaining because for things that I know I will need, I have set up auto-delivery, or Subscribe & Save. I know that the first week of the month I can always expect a larger-than-normal box on my porch and everyone in the family rejoices, because POOF BE GONE to life’s little annoyances.
What are those, you may ask?
1. Empty toilet paper rolls. Tell me I’m not alone in thinking that there is nothing more annoying than going to finish up on the toilet, only to realize the roll is empty. That shit is annoying – LITERALLY!
2. Dog food. It would be easy for us to run to the store every single time Bill needed food (Judy’s is homemade, so no Amazon Prime for her!), but why bother with that when it can be delivered to our doorstep? One time of running out for food at 6AM when I realized we didn’t have any was one time too many for me and as soon as I came home, I added Bill’s food to our list of Subscribe & Save items!
3. Tampons. I know sex and periods and all that is sometimes taboo in blog world, but here’s the thing — we all deal with it. And there is literally nothing worse in this world to me than the thought of being out of tampons when my period decides to surprise me on a whim (tell me I’m not alone in that arena?!). So, Subscribe & Save it is.
4. Sunscreen. We live in Hawaii so the need for sun protection never goes away! When we first moved, I thought..oh I’ll just periodically stock up at Target. WRONG! This got annoying pretty quickly, because periodically turned into once a month and before I knew it, we were sitting on the beach one day with no back-up supply and I knew I had to go back to the freaking store AGAIN. With Subscribe & Save, I never have this issue!
5. Toothpaste. I’m pretty neurotic about dental hygiene, so this one should come as no surprise to anyone. I brush frequently throughout the day (as does Dane), so we go through a tube of toothpaste more quickly than most people. Now if only Amazon would add my favorite floss to their Subscribe & Save program…
Do you utilize Amazon Prime or the Subscribe & Save program? If so, what do you order?!
The post is brought to you by Activate by Bloglovin and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.