Happy Friday, everyone! If you follow me on Instagram, particularly my stories, you know that this week very quickly went from great to not-so-great. More on that at another time, because today I’m focusing on the positives!
1. For starters, I fully indulged in National Coffee Day yesterday by having my usual 3 cups of coffee at home, followed by a nice run to my favorite local haunt for another cup of caffeine. IT. WAS. AMAZING. I feel like I should make this happen at least once every week. We even had family photos done at this particular place earlier this year, because we love it so much.
|Photos: Cait Schlabach Photography|
2. I’ve talked before about my season-long partnership with the NFL so with football season in full gear, I figured I should pop in and let everyone know how my fantasy team is doing. I’ll be honest, I’ve only ever done it a couple times, but this year I felt really good after our Draft and heading into things. Three weeks in and I am in the middle of my 8-person league. Not great, but not bad — I’ll cheers to that. I would normally be like HEY! WHY AREN’T I AT THE TOP?! But I’ll be honest — staying on top of my roster week-to-week has slipped to the sideline in the midst of moving.
3. My first post in a three part series for POPSUGAR Pets debuted this week and I’m super excited! For any pet owners interested, it’s all about what to do about pudgy pets…and how to prevent it from happening!
4. Dane and I have been on a new recipes kick and we have made this Bacon Lime Sweet Potato Salad from PaleOMG 3 times already! We tweak it to match our eating habits (no bacon or dill, add chicken/tofu) and pair it with cooked zucchini or Jasmine rice, but damn — it so SO GOOD! Shoutout to Sarah for introducing this fab dish to me 🙂
5. I can’t even think about fall weather here in Hawaii (still going strong at 75 every day), but I AM lusting over delicious fall foods. I have this Pumpkin Pecan Baked Brie on my to-make list, as well as these Pumpkin Spice Waffles.
And just because my brain can’t turn off, here’s a #6 for this special 5 on Friday! Awhile ago, Dane and I got Punderdome to try out. It’s a classic game based on puns and cards. We hadn’t had a chance to test it out yet, so we grabbed a bottle of wine and dug in. It’s touted that if you love the ever-popular Cards Against Humanity, this will be your jam. I have to be brutally honest — I didn’t love it. At least not like I love Cards Against Humanity but that could be for two reasons 1. It was just the two of us. Card games of that nature are generally much more fun with larger groups and 2. It required a bit of thinking and I was tired. So — we are definitely trying to out again, hopefully when I have a better attitude 😉
So tell me — what were your favorite parts of this week?