Halle-FREAKING-lujah it’s Friday!
|Don’t ask me how or why I found this — I don’t know. What I do know is that I can’t stop laughing whenever I look at it, so it found its way into this post.|
And you know what the means? I’m heading out tonight for date night with zero plans of cooking and 100% plans of eating my body weight in Thai food. Yeah, baby! Even though some of you send comments on how much you love my Instagram cooking stories, don’t expect any tonight. Sorry, friends. Let’s get right down to what I’m loving this week, anyway.
1. First and foremost, let’s chat makeup. Namely how I pretty much slacked all summer in that department, let myself go au natural and then realized come fall that I actually needed something for my face. I was given the chance to try out Match Co foundation and let’s just say I was a little bit skeptical. Honestly, how was scanning various parts of my face using my iPhone going to send me any sort of foundation that looks natural? But let me just say — that shit works! Not only does it match my face, it blends nicely into my skin and took only 4 days from order to arrival. I’ve used it twice so far and I like it, but I’ll definitely be keeping fellow makeup junkies updated on how I’m feeling on it a month from now. I paired it with my favorite primer and little powder on top, so perhaps I should give it a go with just the foundation and see how it fares?
2. While we are on the topic of makeup, I need a new eyebrow pencil. I’ve used Anastasia forever, then decided I didn’t need anything too fancy and started using a drugstore brand. The drugstore brand was OKAY, but nothing fantastic. What are your eyebrow must haves?!
3. I have to be honest – I am SO OVER this election. Maybe it wouldn’t feel so down-my-throat if everyone and their sister, cousin, father, friend of the family (you see where this is going..) would stop posting so many rants on social media, but alas….that is not likely to happen. I get that everyone is passionate about who they are for or against, but the incessant posting just makes me cringe.
4. Who here is a psychological thriller binge reader? Okay, so I am — nice to meet you all. If Gillian Flynn or Liane Moriarty wrote it, I’ve probably read it. I’m trudging through “The Life We Bury“, and am anxious to add myself to the never-ending waiting list at the library for popular books. I also have a Barnes & Noble gift card burning a hole in my pocket, so I need your recommendations. I’ve been told “Behind Closed Doors” is a must and it has been added to my list. My recent reads include “The Silent Sister” (definitely recommend!) and “The Girl With No Past” (don’t understand the hype). What do you have for me?!
5. And finally, this weekend Dane and I have plans to go on a new hike and check out a new breakfast spot here on Oahu. I know it seems kind of silly and not really “fall” like at all, but just something so mundane and normal holds a bit of excitement to me. I’m not sure if it’s the idea of simplifying our life (purging the crap) and enjoying the small things, or what…but I’m enjoying it.
Happy weekend, everyone! If you’re in a chilly state, soak some of those crisp temps up for us…and get an apple cider donut 🙂